Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 01:56 PM

821 posts, read 2,043,429 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry I know this is a difficult decision I to believe euthenasia is your only way to go. Your dog attacked your BF and not just a nip he full on attacked him you tried to rehab him but you can not put anyone else in danger. A scary thought is instead of your bf it could have been a child that he attacked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 04:45 PM

13,392 posts, read 45,124,133 times
Charlie is at rest now.
You did the right thing.
I hope a box of needy, squeaky kittens soon comes your way.
::hugs::

Old 08-25-2010, 05:32 PM

9,347 posts, read 20,093,872 times
too bad j-city is so far from me .... i just saw three of the MOST adorable 3-week old kittens EVER at a rescue i visted last night.... talk about needy.... they are still being bottle-fed!! tiniest things i've seen in quite some time.... but omg .... the cuteness just knocked me over......

Old 08-25-2010, 06:11 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,174,489 times
<hugs> I know you did the right thing - and you know you did. But it hurts anyway, I know. Don't go the "what if" road - you did your best and that's what counts.

I wish you were closer to me, I have a lost/abandoned kitten on my back porch and I'm clueless how to do rescue! I'm already attached to it and have given it a name. It's so frightened of me and everything! I think it's somewhere between 4 and 8 weeks - we really don't know.

I hate seeing an animal in fear - no thing should live like that.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:27 AM

18,737 posts, read 33,530,974 times
It's so hard. You did the right thing, as you know, and Charlie had a good end of life. He just couldn't live here among us, and who knows why? I recently went through the same thing (and I was the one that was bitten badly) and I try to remember Nayla running and living wildly for the 14 months she was with me, and I try to remember her with a smile.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:31 PM

1,300 posts, read 3,613,409 times
Thanks for all the hugs and supportive replies.

NY Annie: when we adopted our current cat he was feral, but we snuggled it out of him I'm not sure it's the right way to handle it, but whenever he would hiss and swat at us I would pick him up and cuddle him and speak softly to him. He came around. Now he's the most affectionate cat with all people. He's my little prince. I might try giving the kitten something extra tasty like chicken or maybe some wet food and see if he tolerates your presence longer and eventually you can get close enough to scoop him up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs