Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 10:02 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,477,658 times

Advertisements

LOL, I just love that side eye Polly's giving the camera. Beautiful coloring, too ~ Such a beautiful girl. Thanks for the pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Your joke meter is broken. So is your bold key and your italics key.
FYI, that poster has severe vision problems. I believe she writes like that all the time ~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 10:46 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,428,037 times
Quote:
Your joke meter is broken. So is your bold key and your italics key.
I love you.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:52 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,323,724 times
I Dont consider telling people to do something Harmful to an animal a Joke! You have No Clue who you are talking to on a forum & how they will react to your [or anyones advice] I had a lady bring me her dog said she was tired of her Hubby abusing it! Some one told him to put an electric training collar on the dog & everytime the dog barked shock it!! By the time the lady gave me the dog hubby had it on the Highest setting & still wondering why the dog only SCREAMS!! Yes I called the Animal Warden & we press charges of animal cruelty! His excuse was he asked a friend & was told to buy a shock collar! Friends excuse was Thats Not what he Ment! Both got $1000 Fines & 30 days in jail. I worked with the dog & gave him to a excellent home! Please Dont Joke about how to train an animal!

Old 10-14-2010, 09:45 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,961,323 times
Timely thread. My pup just had "introduction to cows 101" this week. He's still small enough he just barks at them at least 15' from the fence and runs back to me. But, I am very afraid of the day he musters more courage and wants to chase the cattle. That is a huge NO NO!

Old 10-15-2010, 07:26 AM

13 posts, read 59,523 times
So to sum this all up... I might get thrown in jail if I use an electric collar - so I'm better off just getting a taser and cattle prod.

Kidding, kidding. Seriously - that you all for the tips.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:45 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,978,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreydavidson320 View Post
So to sum this all up... I might get thrown in jail if I use an electric collar - so I'm better off just getting a taser and cattle prod.

Don't let the e-collar haters get you down. I use a mid-level shock collar (Dogtra 1900NCP) on my very stubborn 9mo lab and I get very good results. The issue is that people buy them and don't know how to use them. They are very good tools for certain situations. We use a mixture of pinch collar and e-collar to train our dog, which was suggested by a professional dog trainer.

Like I said, you need to know how to use it for it to be effective. You can't turn it on max and shock whenever you want.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:53 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,689,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Does he act interested in a tennis ball when you show it to him? Can you get him into an excited state by running around, squealing and acting like a fool while you carry a tennis ball and make it clear that you have the ball and he doesn't? Once you get him excited by acting like a fool, can you get him to chase the ball when you throw it? .
Rub the ball on the cat.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:55 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,689,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
LOL, I just love that side eye Polly's giving the camera. Beautiful coloring, too ~ Such a beautiful girl. Thanks for the pic.
My daughter lives outside of Brisbane, in Australia. She gets flocks of those down in her yard and all through her garden. They're very lovely birds. Loud, though.

Quote:
FYI, that poster has severe vision problems. I believe she writes like that all the time ~
She can obviously read our posts, which are typed in a normal manner.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:34 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,296,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
I love you.
I love you too! Oh, wait, this isn't that type of thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreydavidson320 View Post

Exactly! But seriously, someone is seriously overly-dramatic regarding the shock collar. They are perfectly legal and sold at every single Petco and PetSmart. If it works for you, then by all means use it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post

Like I said, you need to know how to use it for it to be effective. You can't turn it on max and shock whenever you want.
Yup, this exactly. Nothing wrong with properly using a shock collar!

Quote:

She can obviously read our posts, which are typed in a normal manner.
I was thinking the same thing...I'm thinking of typing all caps, bold and in Comic Sans, using pink of course. Actually, strike that. Maybe I'll capitalize random words for dramatic effect.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:58 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,477,658 times
My daughter lives outside of Brisbane, in Australia. She gets flocks of those down in her yard and all through her garden. They're very lovely birds. Loud, though. Yet, oh so cute! I want me one o'them birds ~

She can obviously read our posts, which are typed in a normal manner. Jeez Merc, I've read a lot of your posts, and you're much brighter than that. You don't know what programs other people have on their computers which enable them to read posts typed in a normal manner. Or...maybe you do......

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs