Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 10:06 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,485,646 times

Advertisements

I just saw a stray I couldn't catch so I posted info on him on CL. Looked at all the other lost/found ads. So many. ):

And don't even get me started on the free-to-good-home postings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 10:14 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,834,676 times
The ones that kill me are the "my dog needs a new home TONIGHT!"

WTH? they couldn't start sooner looking for a home? Idiots.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:11 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,066,287 times
i see 'em on freecycle too ..... a recent one that stands out was a 9 y/o that needed a new home......

Old 10-16-2010, 08:15 AM

1,009 posts, read 2,669,652 times
I like the ones that demand that you be even better than they are, that you must have really high standards to adopt, even though it "breaks their heart" and they are basically dumping their animal. They put all the guilt on everyone else, because if you don't adopt, the animal will go to the shelter. The moving excuses are the most disgusting of all.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:18 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,066,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doghead View Post
I like the ones that demand that you be even better than they are, that you must have really high standards to adopt, even though it "breaks their heart" and they are basically dumping their animal. They put all the guilt on everyone else, because if you don't adopt, the animal will go to the shelter. The moving excuses are the most disgusting of all.
actually, the "moving" excuses run neck and neck with "we just had a baby" or "we are about to have a baby" excuses......

Old 10-16-2010, 09:11 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,310,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
actually, the "moving" excuses run neck and neck with "we just had a baby" or "we are about to have a baby" excuses......
But, but after baby comes, they will be the only ones in the world with a dog and baby in the same house! PC is my first baby. He's very nervous without me and is not himself if I'm not around. Can't imagine forcing him out when a human baby comes! That's mama's boy and he always will be my very special little boy. And, I can't imagine anyone wanting him. He's so into me, that he becomes very high maintenance for anyone else! At least I know he won't be dognapped!

http://www.tailsofjoy.net/pages/images/new_puppy_kids_orphanage.gif (broken link)

Old 10-16-2010, 09:25 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,591,508 times
People drive me insane. It's really not that hard to have both a pet (or pets) AND a baby. I guess any ole excuse will do.

I saw a lady out yesterday, walking the trail, with a stroller and two big dogs. Yes, I'm sure it took some effort to get everyone out of the house at the same time - but everyone appeared to be enjoying themselves; even the Mom.

I did it all the time when my son was a baby.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:34 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,254,968 times
I rarely go on CL, and when I do I've not looked at the pet section. I do not understand people who think they have to give up a pet because they popped out a kid. ?????

Years back when I had my one and only one child, I had a little cat. I cannot tell you how many people said I needed to get rid of the cat. First it was because the cat "would make me sick". You know, toxiplasmosis. Hmmm, don't people wash their hands?

Once I had my daughter, it became, "that cat's going to suck her breath out". WT*!!
Me and the daughter survived quite well. She is now a 26 y/o with two of the greatest little cats in the world. She became a cat lover just like her mom.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:48 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,773,878 times
I have been looking at the Craigslist pet section and it is heartbreaking the number of backyard breeders or possibly even stolen puppies that require a "rehoming fee" in order to insure a good home is found. Why do people breed these designer dogs and claim it is not intentional? I would never aquire a dog from C.L and hope others see these posts and go to a shelter or good rescue group first. Oh and the excuse of moving is no excuse at all. We made one special trip from n. CA to AZ with just the pets and several cars in order to move the Mastiff. He had his own car. What a shame.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:00 AM

153 posts, read 676,852 times
I totally agree!! I have a dog and a cat and would never give them up. My cousin got rid of his cat when they had a baby and I was shocked. Thew wife kept coming up with reasons why they should get rid of his cat and eventually she won. She said she couldn't clean the cat pan with the foul odor while being pregnant. Shame cause I know he loved his cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs