Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 09:52 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,459,583 times

Advertisements

Everyone here has been great about supporting this mess with our animal control. It got quiet, but we weren't just spinning our wheels. We've let things die down and worked as quiet as we can to get the proof that illegal killings are going on there. And we have it.

Tammy and Clay went to the media and the state vet board with it. The local newspaper however, even when given the proof, still chose to spun the story. I'd love to see the company that owns them go under. I'm so angry. And that 'reporter' from the newspaper should be charged with conspiring with them to help cover the truth. I'm so angry at how she spun that story. I don't know how she sleeps at night.

Anyway, since she spun the story and didn't tell even half the truth, they've posted all of the documentation for all to see. Please, if you're on FB, share this info with everyone you can. Pelham is over the sheriff's office here so there's no way there was ever going to be a real investigation. We were told the TBI was investigating, but it was a lie by Pelham trying to get us to go away.

Tammy and Clay have the laws on euthanasia, the minutes from the March meeting on euthanizing owner surrenders, and the books from Animal Control that show they're euthanizing some dogs as soon as they get through the door. They listed dogs that are strays and trapped in their traps as owner surrenders and euthanize them in a day or less. These could be your pets that find their way out of the fence or escape from the house when your child goes outside. We've got a list of dogs that people reported missing to animal control and animal control never bothered to log them. At least one we know of was euthanized that day and they never told the owner. Can you imagine finding out that was your pet??

Please guys, look the proof over yourself. And please share. We need the state to get this info and DO something. If we don't the killing will continue. The corruption here is just making me more sick every day.

WARREN COUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY OF MCMINNVILLE,TN | Facebook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 12:22 PM

82 posts, read 440,762 times
I had been following this here although with some health issues I haven't seen updates until I saw this on FB and posted my opinion and was basically told to mind my own business because I didn't know all the facts. I know folks are trying to help but the county itself the way I read it is looking the other way...anyway I got blasted and was told things are now going in a right direction..so which is it? I deleted my post and and unsubscribed to the issue.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:12 PM

29,981 posts, read 43,006,066 times
Where is your state AG's office on this? It would seem the law and the judicial system should take precident over the local media and baised reporting.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana C View Post
I had been following this here although with some health issues I haven't seen updates until I saw this on FB and posted my opinion and was basically told to mind my own business because I didn't know all the facts. I know folks are trying to help but the county itself the way I read it is looking the other way...anyway I got blasted and was told things are now going in a right direction..so which is it? I deleted my post and and unsubscribed to the issue.
We're on track. We've been working on it. Well, Tammy and Clay have been working. I told them we'd support them in any way we can. But the only way we'll get anything done is to get the state to investigate. Locally, we're not getting anywhere. The town is corrupt and Pelham controls pretty much every department that would investigate this. What we need is the state to get involved but they're hesitant to do much. This state doesn't see pets as something high on their priority list I guess.

Pelham and his crew were threatening to sue Tammy and Clay and the rescue for slander because of the FB page. We had to be very careful about what anyone posted. I don't think they can legally charge us because of what other people say, but it was enough for the local paper to jump on board and make us all out to be a bunch of crazy violent people out for blood. Not sure if that's when you'd posted, but it could be why. We've tried to keep things civil and not give them anything to use against us. It's been pretty ugly.

MoGal, I'm not sure where Dept Ag falls, but they've not done anything either. We were told if the local department didn't investigate that we'd have to ask the state to look into it. We turned info over to them but they seem to be dragging their feet.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
..........MoGal, I'm not sure where Dept Ag falls, but they've not done anything either. We were told if the local department didn't investigate that we'd have to ask the state to look into it. We turned info over to them but they seem to be dragging their feet.
My question was not about your Department of Agriculture but of your state Attorney General's office. If you have not already, I would suggest copying them on your legal correspondence and complaints with local authorities. Of course, consult the attorney assisting you about this first.

The squeaky wheel usually is the one that garners attention. The more in positions of authority who hear the squeek the more likely action of one sort or another will be taken. From the experiences you've posted the media is not on the side of these animals but in protecting politicians instead.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
My question was not about your Department of Agriculture but of your state Attorney General's office. If you have not already, I would suggest copying them on your legal correspondence and complaints with local authorities. Of course, consult the attorney assisting you about this first.

The squeaky wheel usually is the one that garners attention. The more in positions of authority who hear the squeek the more likely action of one sort or another will be taken. From the experiences you've posted the media is not on the side of these animals but in protecting politicians instead.
They told us we had to let the local DA go over it first. Of course he declined to press charges. Big shock. So we contacted the state office. Tammy and Clay took them all this paperwork and we're getting no help from them either. That's what's got me so frustrated. It's in black and white - their own freaking records - showing they're breaking the law. And no one gives a damn. I could just scream!

Old 12-01-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
They told us we had to let the local DA go over it first. Of course he declined to press charges. Big shock. So we contacted the state office. Tammy and Clay took them all this paperwork and we're getting no help from them either. That's what's got me so frustrated. It's in black and white - their own freaking records - showing they're breaking the law. And no one gives a damn. I could just scream!
Oh, they give a damn, about their jobs and whose backs they scratch politically that is... . So sorry that your efforts are not reaping more positive results in getting this "shelter" to comply with the laws and to benefit the animals they take in.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:45 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,953,706 times
Mrs Sorry I bailed on ya but Like Lana I got told one time to many by the others to shut up and not ask so many questionns .. Questions like you wanted answered by the state so .. NOW tell Tammy and Clay to take it to the media and make a national stink the FB page went viral once befor do it again with the truth and see if you can get something done .. and stop letting folks hold you back .. take the stink national and let the world see what a **** hole county your dealing with ..
and Tell me Just how does the AC there euth aminals? I was told to shiut up and not ask .. I saw what looked like a killbox in one of the photos and since we know thats Illegal in your state they sure were quick to try and hush me for asking that question .. and was the food and water pans photo shoot staged as I thought with one pan never used? again I wouldnt be suprised ..

Old 12-01-2010, 08:14 PM

82 posts, read 440,762 times
Quote:
We're on track. We've been working on it. Well, Tammy and Clay have been working. I told them we'd support them in any way we can. But the only way we'll get anything done is to get the state to investigate. Locally, we're not getting anywhere. The town is corrupt and Pelham controls pretty much every department that would investigate this. What we need is the state to get involved but they're hesitant to do much. This state doesn't see pets as something high on their priority list I guess.

Pelham and his crew were threatening to sue Tammy and Clay and the rescue for slander because of the FB page. We had to be very careful about what anyone posted. I don't think they can legally charge us because of what other people say, but it was enough for the local paper to jump on board and make us all out to be a bunch of crazy violent people out for blood. Not sure if that's when you'd posted, but it could be why. We've tried to keep things civil and not give them anything to use against us. It's been pretty ugly.

MoGal, I'm not sure where Dept Ag falls, but they've not done anything either. We were told if the local department didn't investigate that we'd have to ask the state to look into it. We turned info over to them but they seem to be dragging their feet.
I guess I don't know what the idea of the FB page is if it isn't to expose the corruption. The way I took it was everything is going well.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
Mrs Sorry I bailed on ya but Like Lana I got told one time to many by the others to shut up and not ask so many questionns .. Questions like you wanted answered by the state so .. NOW tell Tammy and Clay to take it to the media and make a national stink the FB page went viral once befor do it again with the truth and see if you can get something done .. and stop letting folks hold you back .. take the stink national and let the world see what a **** hole county your dealing with ..
and Tell me Just how does the AC there euth aminals? I was told to shiut up and not ask .. I saw what looked like a killbox in one of the photos and since we know thats Illegal in your state they sure were quick to try and hush me for asking that question .. and was the food and water pans photo shoot staged as I thought with one pan never used? again I wouldnt be suprised ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana C View Post
I guess I don't know what the idea of the FB page is if it isn't to expose the corruption. The way I took it was everything is going well.
Totally understand. We got it out there and the local DA started threatening US with a lawsuit. It was the first real proof for us of just how corrupt this place was. I was floored that I was told they'd file a libel case against us if we didn't close the page. We didn't do that but we did pull back in hopes to back off the local DA. We know locally we're not going to get anywhere. They're too much a good ol boy network. We need state. We need nation. We need people that care. And we really need an attorney so we don't need to worry about being threatened and bullied by them anymore. Sadly, with my job loss and Clay medicals problems and Tammy possibly losing her job................. the money just isn't there for an attorney.

We're doing the best we can. Sorry it was a mess and you guys had to bail, but I understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs