Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 02:34 PM

29 posts, read 138,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Very well said! Every time I have ignored my instincts I have paid the price for it. I look back on my life and it's a miracle I'm still alive. Don't ask me why it's taken me 51 years to figure this out. I now trust my gut instinct (fairly recent experience) and have discovered it's been dead on, even with respect to things in the past. I always relied on my rational side of my brain rather than my intuition, so I'd enourage anyone out there dealing with any situation to go with your instincts. I filed the complaint on Mar 4, city came out on Mar 7, first piece of metal found Mar 9. That whole week I had a feeling I should not be putting my dogs out there, with no evidence until Wed. So I didn't.

My instincts right now tell me that was a warning and a preview of things to come, if I dare to challenge within my legal rights and city codes. Therefore, it was a very good recommendation from a friend to go on the record. This, if anything, should dissaude him from doing anything else. However, I am thinking like a rational person here and I am not dealing with one, so who knows....

If Misty disappears from the forum one day, it will either be due to banning or being disappeared in a permanent way.
Courage and handling your affairs with the neighbor in a respectful manner will serve you better than a baseball bat and a gut filled with fear...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 02:37 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,365,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdave View Post
Courage and handling your affairs with the neighbor in a respectful manner will serve you better than a baseball bat and a gut filled with fear...
She still needs to keep a eye on her pets.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:03 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,005,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdave View Post
I already tried that. He refuses to communicate with me. Had he been willing to discuss things with me, this could have all been avoided.

Bottom line, what he (or someone) threw over the fence are very dangerous pieces of metal designed to inflict maximum damage to whomever steps on them. Ok, I am going to try to figure out how to do an image and then you will see yourself.

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m631/Mistygrl/Foundindogsyard.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by mistygrl092; 03-13-2011 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 03-13-2011, 03:04 PM

Ok, I figured it out. Now you will see what I am talking about.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:24 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,590,473 times
Yikes! Those do look dangerous, not only could they puncture but the rust on there...infection central.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Yikes! Those do look dangerous, not only could they puncture but the rust on there...infection central.
No kidding, and on two dogs (10 and 11 lbs) an infection could kill them before I was even aware of the problem or got them to the Vet. And if I didn't know that they stepped on anything, the Vet wouldn't know either so my dogs could end up dead.

Now see why I am so freaked out? No rational person does this sort of thing (or has it done for him). And there is no way to predict what a person like this will do next.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:09 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,106,165 times
Have you shown this to a police officer or a police dept ? I would tell them that if one more thing from their construction ends up in your yard you are filing charges against them for malicious behavior and whatever else your lawyers say you can sue for . I 'll be da*ned if someone is going to make my yard a land mine area . I also wonder if they have ever had a bag of steaming hot dog poop on fire on their front stoop ? i know childish right ? so is what they are doing . Burn them anyway you can . take care and keep us updated .

Old 03-13-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Have you shown this to a police officer or a police dept ? I would tell them that if one more thing from their construction ends up in your yard you are filing charges against them for malicious behavior and whatever else your lawyers say you can sue for . I 'll be da*ned if someone is going to make my yard a land mine area . I also wonder if they have ever had a bag of steaming hot dog poop on fire on their front stoop ? i know childish right ? so is what they are doing . Burn them anyway you can . take care and keep us updated .
Yes, I've already filed what the police call an "event" and sent them the same pic I posted. They will be contacting the owner to ask him if they threw them over the fence. Of course, he'll say no. He will then be informed that if it happens again he'll be arrested (or so I was told).

The only thing I am thinking about now is whether I should make the city aware of it at all (and by this I mean code enforcement who told him to fix the fence and he still has not). I don't want inspections closed out without that happening and I also know that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing often (as in the city and the police dept). So I am contemplating sending an email to the guy who came out here on 3/7 (head of code enforcement) before I found the first metal object on 3/9 to let him know what has happened. This could add a heightened degree of "vigilance" to the whole process.

What do you think? Would this be a smart thing to do? I don't want to escalate things, but I do want all parties to know where things stand at this point, as the situation is getting more serious. Also, the city should know I can no longer use that part of my yard. There has to be something I can do to live here without living in fear and it just isn't right I can no longer use that part of my yard and now have to build another area when I built that area specifically as a yard for my dogs.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:24 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,590,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Adding more fuel to the fire is probably a very bad idea...if this guy is already intentionally throwing dangerous things into her yard, what do you think he'll do if she retaliates with flaming poop?

I would never tell anyone to do something spiteful to an unbalanced person, it's dangerous. And two wrongs don't make a right, it only means people are stooping to the same, base level that upset them so much in the first place.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Adding more fuel to the fire is probably a very bad idea...if this guy is already intentionally throwing dangerous things into her yard, what do you think he'll do if she retaliates with flaming poop?

I would never tell anyone to do something spiteful to an unbalanced person, it's dangerous. And two wrongs don't make a right, it only means people are stooping to the same, base level that upset them so much in the first place.
No worries. I would never do anything like that. Anything I do at this point is to go on the record with both the police dept and the city. I will build another enclosure but still think the city should probably know of this situation. If nothing else, it just adds to the case I have against him and serves as additional protection to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs