Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 04:50 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,246,513 times

Advertisements

What a sad story. My opinion? They didnt adopt Dale, they were the dog nappers or the thief gave Dale to them. I too would try anything, even trying to dognap to get my furbaby back. Good luck Op. I wonder if you had a "witness" to Mr. X stealing Dale, if the police would help..??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 05:24 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,896,434 times
agreed at this point the shelter says he didnt get the dog form there, which means its officially theft...
either they took the dog or they got the dog from the person that did take it...

that being said i would now be filing formal reports if they havent been filed already, id serve mr x an official letter stating the dog is yours you have proof and he will return the stolen property or youll be pressing charges.
keep on at the sherifs deparmtnet (if the dogs tattooed and you have pictures if this goes to court youll win) and if the sherifs department contineues to act like they cant help you id be contacting EVERY new media outlet in the area get this public...
youve tried to be nice...whether they stole the dog themselves or not...they KNOW the dog was stolen and by keeping it after that knowledge...

not to mention its against the law to keep a "found" dog your supposed to take them to animal control because of it being considered theft...

please keep us updated and dont let this guy get away with that bull.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:46 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,437,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
agreed at this point the shelter says he didnt get the dog form there, which means its officially theft...
either they took the dog or they got the dog from the person that did take it...

that being said i would now be filing formal reports if they havent been filed already, id serve mr x an official letter stating the dog is yours you have proof and he will return the stolen property or youll be pressing charges.
keep on at the sherifs deparmtnet (if the dogs tattooed and you have pictures if this goes to court youll win) and if the sherifs department contineues to act like they cant help you id be contacting EVERY new media outlet in the area get this public...
youve tried to be nice...whether they stole the dog themselves or not...they KNOW the dog was stolen and by keeping it after that knowledge...

not to mention its against the law to keep a "found" dog your supposed to take them to animal control because of it being considered theft...

please keep us updated and dont let this guy get away with that bull.
The police took me to Mr. X's house a few days ago, he wasn't home. Dale was there, I could hear her, she went nuts.

The officer just told me to catch the guy home, on my own, and try and work it out with him. If he won't come to his senses, then I'll have to file a civil lawsuit.

The problem is, this guy is loaded, so I'm not even sure how much good a civil case is going to do for me.

I plan on going by this afternoon again, and then tomorrow morning. Since he won't answer when I call anymore, I'm going to have to catch him there.

Now, if he tells me to leave, I have to leave, but then my last resort is the civil case.

This sucks, I want my dog back.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:19 PM

37,217 posts, read 41,421,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The police took me to Mr. X's house a few days ago, he wasn't home. Dale was there, I could hear her, she went nuts.

The officer just told me to catch the guy home, on my own, and try and work it out with him. If he won't come to his senses, then I'll have to file a civil lawsuit.

The problem is, this guy is loaded, so I'm not even sure how much good a civil case is going to do for me.

I plan on going by this afternoon again, and then tomorrow morning. Since he won't answer when I call anymore, I'm going to have to catch him there.

Now, if he tells me to leave, I have to leave, but then my last resort is the civil case.

This sucks, I want my dog back.

I'd go to the media before hiring a lawyer. If he's loaded, he may be more afraid of looking like a nincompoop on TV than he would be of a letter from an attorney.

Get your kids to talk to a reporter and tell him the bad man took their dog!

Old 01-06-2012, 01:19 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,066,287 times
time to alert the media, methinks......

Old 01-06-2012, 03:49 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,785,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
time to alert the media, methinks......
Thats what I suggested. Public pressure. Call DA direct.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:48 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,896,434 times
i agree, media...
and if a civil lawsuit is what it takes go for it...make sure the case is clear your not looking for money you just want your STOLEN property back...you want YOUR dog, can prove its your dog ect.

he could be a millionaire, but in a civil suit (heck take it to judge judy lol) its less about the money...

Old 01-06-2012, 05:30 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,437,736 times
Well the butt hole almost had me arrested tonight.

I went by his house about 4 this afternoon, and a woman (not sure who) was walking down the drive way. I rolled down my window and politely said "Hi ma'am, my name is ****** and I'm the owner of Dale the basset that y'all have.." I was stopped mid sentence and told "You need to leave our property right now".

I followed that advice, but I did tell her that I would call the sheriff, and she said, go ahead.

So I did.

The sheriffs deputy showed up, went to their door, then came to my truck. Apparently, after Tuesday when I went there with another deputy, they filed a no trespassing warrant on me. I was not informed.

So he confirmed that I had not been told, then told me not to come back. Because Mr. X told the deputy that he got the dog from the animal shelter, there was nothing he could do without "proof he is lying".

Of course I can supply that proof because Alaqua already told me they don't have records of adopting the dog or picking her up.

So then he said that I should take the man to small claims court, and let the judge sort it out. Since I can prove that Mr. X lied to the deputy, it won't be good for him in court, and he may face charges for lying to the deputy, and at any rate I should get my dog back.

I'm going to write the local news Monday, with my story.

Bull crap. At any rate, I was warned today not to go back to the mans house, or call him anymore. I will comply, but this is ridiculous.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:44 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,883,538 times
I am completely flabbergasted!!! What is wrong with this person? He knows darn well this dog was stolen or his story would add up. You'll get Dale back, Karma will bite him in the butt.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:44 PM

18,418 posts, read 19,075,680 times
what a horrible story. I hope you get your dog back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs