Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 09:58 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,399,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
You've gotten some great suggestions which I hope you follow through with. I agree w/ the poster to post on Craigslist in the "pet" and "lost & found" section. Also post in other areas of the panhandle. This is so sad, and I hope you get her back. Keep fighting and don't give up on her.

We lost a cat last year, never did find him. but we posted on Craigs List, and did get a lot of responses. Many people look there, and the local animal control checked them daily. we even had an animal control van pull up in front of the house, sure they had found our cat. they had a cat that looked like ours, but wasn't. but my point is, we did get a lot of responses via Craigs List, and its free! but keep posting, at least every other day, people don't go back very far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 10:34 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,866,126 times
My dog was stolen a couple of weeks ago. She has a really distinctive whine, almost sounds like she's bellowing words, and I heard that distinctive whine as I was walking back from the mailbox. One of my neighbors at the far end of the block had her. I knocked on their door and asked for her back and they said that wasn't my dog, that they'd had her a while. I told them she was mine and to look at a few identifying marks I knew she had. They said she was theirs and they were sorry mine was lost. I told them I'd call the police and they could help us work it out (a bluff...I know the cops won't do anything about something like that where I live). They gave her back, and I went and got a big padlock for my gate.

I don't understand people who steal dogs either...there are enough dogs in the world that need homes, it seems like they could provide a home for one of those without taking someone else's dog.

I hope you find your dog. Try Craigslist, like some other posters suggested.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:10 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,421,181 times
Good advice - definitely post on Craigslist - it's free and there's a Lost/Found section as well as a Pet section. Also, offer a Reward - $$$ motivates. Post flyers where your dog went missing and send to all area vets. Run ads in local papers, some will do this for free. Don't give up, she c/b one of the lucky ones who is eventually reunited w/ her owner. Sadly, it's not safe to leave them alone outside, even if the yard is fenced in, ppl can enter yards, dogs can jump over or dig out. Best of luck

Old 06-22-2011, 10:52 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,425,771 times
I don't understand why people keep leaving their pets unattended. A 'secure yard' is one that NO ONE can get into except you. A gate won't stop a thief. Family pets that aren't kept an eye on are stolen every day to be used as bait dogs by fighters. Why in the world would you risk that?? Keep your pet indoors with you. Go outside with it for walks and potty breaks. It's not that hard. If you work, buy a crate and crate train it. If you're gone a long time during the day hire someone to walk it mid-day or if it's a small dog potty pad train or litter box train it. I'm just baffled that people CAN still steal family pets. I'm so sorry your dog is missing. I hope you get it back. Sadly, it doesn't sound like you will. I hope a wonderful family that can afford it's vet care and proper diet have it. But then again, if they could afford that and planned on giving a dog a loving forever home they'd probably be able to afford to adopt one.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:33 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,381,847 times
I contacted the vet, let the police know, animal control and the local animal refuge is looking for her.

As of yet, no word from anyone. We've put up flyers at the local church, and the grocery store, and a few places around town with high visibility.

I fear I will never see her again, and it feels like someone has ripped my heart out.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:37 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I contacted the vet, let the police know, animal control and the local animal refuge is looking for her.

As of yet, no word from anyone. We've put up flyers at the local church, and the grocery store, and a few places around town with high visibility.

I fear I will never see her again, and it feels like someone has ripped my heart out.
Have you posted a photo and stolen notice on petfinder.com yet in their classifieds? Have you contacted the chip company yet? Is there a lost ad in your local newspaper? Have you contacted the local breed specific rescues?

Old 06-22-2011, 06:46 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,432,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

My heart goes out to you; I can only imagine your heartache. How about prayers to St. Frances, Saint of animals.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:09 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,278,075 times
So sorry for all of you who have lost your preciouse pets. My heart breaks for you.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:11 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Please do follow the great suggestions above. This breaks my heart, being animal lovers that we are. Our shelter dog Dylan, is a smaller 16 pnd dog in a big dogs body, no doubt anyone try and get close to him, he would bite them, he loves us that much, would not want to be apart from us, he is spoiled yes.

File the police report as soon as possible, and if you have a description of the person and make of vehicle that will also help. I am so sorry for your loss, i sincerely hope you find your baby soon. And you will have the reunion you both need.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Any luck on finding yourr pet, i sincerely hope so, this saddens me that someone wold stoop this low. Some people have no heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs