Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 12:13 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,106,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
WOW amazing photography and what a great time they're having! SO cool.

I love that dogs can be on the beach there. We have some off leash beaches too but I tried it once and Nora ran so fast I thought she was going to be gone forever, it was my nightmare. Couldn't catch up with her and she got smaller, smaller, smaller...UGH. Finally she stopped to smell a dead fish.
Yep this would be my dog too she is adopted and they never taught her anything other than to be scared of everything and I do mean everything and I think she ate grass to stay alive . at least the lady at the shelter (no kill ) thought so too . she told me when they first got her in she would not touch the food so the lady took her outside and she just ate grass and ate grass . So we both gathered that she ate grass to stay alive shame that someone would treat an animal that way . Oh well just a little background info .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 02:26 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,595,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
WOW amazing photography and what a great time they're having! SO cool.

I love that dogs can be on the beach there. We have some off leash beaches too but I tried it once and Nora ran so fast I thought she was going to be gone forever, it was my nightmare. Couldn't catch up with her and she got smaller, smaller, smaller...UGH. Finally she stopped to smell a dead fish.

Because Dazzle is a sighthound it was a bit frightening letting him off leash at the beach the first time. In a flash he was far away from me and there is little chance of catching a sighthound. He can go 30+mph. Then just as fast he was back at my side with a huge grin on his face that said it all " I love this place as I can really run here"

He and Chaos seem to have this set distance they are willing to get from me and when they reach it they either stop and wait for me or race back to me.There are cliffs that run along the beach so they are pretty safe and would have to run quite a distance to get beyond the cliffs. They also do very well on the wilderness area on top of the cliffs as it is leash free too. As when they do take off they always reach that point where they circle around and up there they often then come up behind me out of bushes and always that satisfied grin on their faces. I so love seeing them so happy and doing something they love so much. I think I may have said I feel blessed to be a dog owner living here!

My cousin and his wife are coming for a visit next month and will have their 3 aussies with them and yes we have a beach run planned and I can't wait as my two tend to love playing with aussies!

Old 08-05-2012, 05:59 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,129,991 times
I wish I could play at the beach with you and your dogs. Such Fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs