Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 11:40 AM

18 posts, read 24,173 times

Advertisements

I'll try to grab a photo of her feet tonight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 03:51 PM

455 posts, read 1,239,964 times
I don't recognise the breed but she is gorgeous.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:03 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,160,744 times
WOW

Well, if someone put a gun to my head I would guess Australian Cattle Dog X Schnauzer X Great Dane.

He has the bone structure of a Great Dane in miniature . So I am thinking he was crossed with a small dog. I see some definite Schnauzer features in his face (and shape of the ears) . And the coloring looks like a combination of Great Dane and Australian Cattle Dog.

Also, Great Danes have a lot of trouble with their eyes and vision, so that may be where the poor vision came from on this little guy.

He is certainly unique, that's for sure.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-20-2012, 04:27 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,878,056 times
i know the feet thing is a strange request but some dogs have longer toes or a "hare" foot wich would definatly narrow it down. lol.

Sooo unique, i loveher whatever she is, looks like the perfect house dog sie too, big enough to rough house mall enough to not push you off the couch LOL!

im sorry but i fostered alot of anes and beyond the merle coloration i see NO dane in ther, much to slim all over, also schnaueres have naturally floped ears they only stand upright when surgically cropped.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:34 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,890,867 times
That is a "good" dog. Good dogs are my favorite breed.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:16 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenya View Post
She's about a year and a half old, based on her teeth. I'd guess she's probably pretty close to full size, maybe 20-25 pounds, she's got webbed feet, and her eyesight is terrible. She runs into pretty much everything, people, trees, walls, you name it. I think she's adorable, I wish my wife felt the same way. I was originally thinking Catahoula as well, but she has such a strange slender build that it's hard to tell. I'm having a hard time containing her, she has learned how to scale an 8' stockade fence, and so she just sorta does what she wants.
My goodness, jon, I have never in my life seen a dog like that! What a cutie patootie! What did you name her? Why doesn't your wife feel the same way about her as you do? Does she think she's ugly or something? Wasn't your wife with you when you adopted "Frank"? Being an adopter of both cats and dogs, my hat is off to you for rescuing that gorgeous girl.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:58 PM

383 posts, read 642,210 times
She's a cute dog...glad you rescued her. I personally see no ACD in her at all. My agility acd is solid, and thick. If anything I see more of a hound/terrier mix. The color is odd. I have a red heeler, but I know many blue heelers, none of them resemble the conformation of Franken. Congrats on the new pup.

Edited to add, if the dog is jumping 8 foot, not climbing it, she most likely can see, but as someone else said, she may just be a klutz.

Pic of my ACD

Last edited by wfurm; 08-21-2012 at 01:10 PM..

Old 08-21-2012, 09:24 PM

890 posts, read 2,281,908 times
Soooo cute! Love her markings. I have a brindle sighthound mix (probably Italian Greyhound/Whippet) but his body is stockier than your dog's. He too can jump an 8' block fence. He will usually get a running start but I have seem him get over without one once. Except for the first time he got out, when he took a tour of the neighborhood, he would always hop over and come right to the front door and "knock" until I opened the door, lol. Guess he just has separation anxiety. Never crossed my mind that he would be able to jump that high, he weighs 18 lbs.

Oh, and I do see a tiny bit of ACD or Catahoula, given how unique your dog's coloring is. Definitely not enough to come through in her build, though.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:28 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,878,056 times
youd actually be suprised at how common the merle pattern is....
its become all the rage in chihuhauas in the past few years...

i am going to say the op should look into koolies though i dont for a minute think shes a koolie given the breed is practically unheard of in the US, but theres definatly some similarities
the koolie was origionally bred from the german tiger dog and smooth coated blue merle collies...

still waiting on the foot picture :P

Old 09-05-2012, 11:03 AM

18 posts, read 24,173 times
Sorry for the delay everyone, here's the photos of the dogs feet that foxywench requested, as well as a few others!

Frankendog - a set on Flickr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs