Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 01:03 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,123,769 times

Advertisements

Must See: New Zealand SPCA teaching dogs how to drive | todaysthv.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,052,827 times
There's something about seeing paws on the steering wheel that puts me into a fit of giggles.

Artie can't drive, for two (only two! ha!) reasons:
1. He's too short.
2. If, on the way to the store (because he'd have to take me to do all my errands, y'know), he saw a squirrel... that car would be airborne.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:59 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,123,769 times
this is a really funny concept- people have so anthropomorphized their pets that this doesn't seem so far fetched. But think how confused a dog taught in New Zealand would be once he moved to USA. LOL

Dawn---are you saying you wouldn't trust Artie with your credit card so he could shop on his own!!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 03:21 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,052,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
this is a really funny concept- people have so anthropomorphized their pets that this doesn't seem so far fetched. But think how confused a dog taught in New Zealand would be once he moved to USA. LOL

Dawn---are you saying you wouldn't trust Artie with your credit card so he could shop on his own!!!!
It's true! I know that I couldn't drive on the other side -- how could Artie???

Oh! And good point. I totally trust him. He can go on his own, with a list (because he can read, too, y'know), while I stay home and nap. Good thinking, NK. Thanks! I'll get him blocks so he can reach the pedals, start teaching him tomorrow, and hope that there are no squirrels on the road. We're on a mission now!

Old 12-07-2012, 04:25 AM

857 posts, read 2,217,963 times
It is amazing how cleaver animals are. I wished they had done a longer segmentt on this.

So sad to think how many dogs are killed in shelters everyday.

PLEASE ADOPT from a shelter or rescue.

SAVE A LIFE.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,594,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
It's true! I know that I couldn't drive on the other side -- how could Artie???

Oh! And good point. I totally trust him. He can go on his own, with a list (because he can read, too, y'know), while I stay home and nap. Good thinking, NK. Thanks! I'll get him blocks so he can reach the pedals, start teaching him tomorrow, and hope that there are no squirrels on the road. We're on a mission now!

Artie will not need blocks to reach the pedal as they brought the pedals up so they are near the steering wheel. That is one of the things they did to the car to make it possible for a dog to drive.

I can't help but think my dear sweet Dash is up there in heaven thinking he died much too soon as I believe he always had wanted to drive. He took such an interest in my driving, Unlike the others he frequently rode in the front seat of my Honda ( thus he hated the Subara where he rode in the far back behind the barrier) and if he felt I was doing something wrong he would whine and look right into my face as if to say " what are you doing? You should have shifted into a lower gear" ...Big Sigh... He had a fit when I would not let him sit up front where he could keep an eye on my driving ( typical male!) . Right now he is probabaly making a deal with God about sending him back to me so if a puppy suddenly finds me wanting to live with me I had better take it in ...

Dash, Jazz and Friend Dieter driving they figured if they wore wigs I would not know it was them...

Dash in HIS Honda...Oh he would die(If one can re-die) knowing I sold the car to a friend and his dog Buddy now rides in his car...

Old 12-07-2012, 11:22 AM

39 posts, read 59,616 times
It's all cute until they take your car in the middle of the night to go on a milkbone run.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:36 PM

32,664 posts, read 48,104,757 times
I've seen a horse driving a car. (Specially made for the horse)

When I was in Britain I had my American car with the steering wheel on what was the wrong side of the car for the Brits. My big German Shepherd would ride around in the passenger's seat and all over Scotland, people would be frantically flashing their headlights at me and gesturing. I kept stopping my car and walking around it to see what was wrong. I finally figured out that they were warning me that a dog was driving my car because she was sitting on the side that would be the driver's side in a British car.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:29 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,594,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I've seen a horse driving a car. (Specially made for the horse)

When I was in Britain I had my American car with the steering wheel on what was the wrong side of the car for the Brits. My big German Shepherd would ride around in the passenger's seat and all over Scotland, people would be frantically flashing their headlights at me and gesturing. I kept stopping my car and walking around it to see what was wrong. I finally figured out that they were warning me that a dog was driving my car because she was sitting on the side that would be the driver's side in a British car.

That is so funny I can just imagine everyone that passed you thinking the dog was driving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs