Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 10:07 AM

20 posts, read 26,929 times

Advertisements

Since it was closed by the admin for reasons unspecified. I thought this was a reason for community forums was to discuss topics like these any much much more. For SamIam and all No I do not want an animal to get hit by a car or person. If a dog is getting beat there is a problem to begin with. Background on why I have the two dogs I do and I have never believed my 5000sq/ft lot (of which 3500sq/ft is house/garage/paved) was even big enough for either one of them. My ex-wife had the husky in a crate 24/7 laying it his own filth and would get beat for doing so, the lab same thing except he wasn't in a crate. I have a kennel in the back that when I am cooking one or both dogs are in the back with me because if I talk to the neighbor the Husky gets his tail in a bunch. Currently beyond my control I cannot put the dogs in the kennel because of water saturation because of very poor drainage from a garage and three other houses and the height of the alley being build up over years of new gravel being layed on top so the kennel is full of ice that I have broken up twice and moved the ice to an old tree that had been starved of water for 2+ years. I do not believe in dogs being on a chain but since the husky realized he can open the gate and if the gate is locked he can jump over the fence or go under the fence (city code for fence height 45 feet from the sidewalk is 4 feet in height) husky is on a chain long enough to where he doesn't wrap himself up around a tree or can get under the fence.

Now for the neighbor he build a house across the street two years ago and lost money on it the day he broke ground. The war he had with his neighbor over the dog and property line lasted a year. The war he had with another neighbor over dogs lasted a year and a half and got to the point where rumors were going around that he was in the alley with a syringe to try and poison the dogs. When that ended he started in with the the neighbor directly behind him over parking when people were going to his residence to have guns repaired and that started because he wasn't taking wild cats in for shots but was feeding them.

The spot light pointed at his house, easily traced to origin. Loud music or party city code can be fined if the music is heard at the street and would bother other neighbors. I want to nip this in the bud but being discreet so I am not in a war with him for the next year or more.

To me dogs will bark for many different reasons, but mainly the main two I see are hey this person doesnt belong in this area and at other dogs either wanting to play or a sign of aggression which can be determined by the bark.

I could have just as easily just posted a thread saying that I am trying to do corrective training to keep the lab from barking at people and dogs when outside and what frequency actually works. I do appreciate the comments and I know with the number of people throughout the web community I am not the only one that has had to deal with a neighbor like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 10:18 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Really, I don't think that this is the right forum for your question. Nobody here is going to teach you how to USE your dogs to annoy a neighbor. Dogs typically bark when they're agitated, so nobody here -- no dog lover -- is going to tell you how to cause your dog anxiety.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:22 AM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandj View Post
really, i don't think that this is the right forum for your question. Nobody here is going to teach you how to use your dogs to annoy a neighbor. Dogs typically bark when they're agitated, so nobody here -- no dog lover -- is going to tell you how to cause your dog anxiety.
exactly!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:29 AM

And further to my previous comment, your title says it all: "Drive dogs crazy." That's clearly abusive. Be a man and solve the problem with your neighbor without involving your dogs.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:37 AM

No one has dealt with a neighbor like this and a current update: The neighbor had called the police on the neighbor right next door to me for his dog barking that ONLY barks when someone is in the alley that doesn't belong. what I want is advice to deal with this neighbor. Yes I have dogs, Yes dogs do Bark, Dogs barking have never bothered The neighbors dog I know barks when someone is in the alley that doesn't belong and I am thankful she does. Getting dogs barking was my first idea because it can't be pinned down to one location. I do not want to be forced to keep my dogs or anyone else to be forced to keep their dogs insides all day and night for the fear that if they bark for any reason he will call.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
And further to my previous comment, your title says it all: "Drive dogs crazy." That's clearly abusive. Be a man and solve the problem with your neighbor without involving your dogs.
I will agree with that but was looking for as much advice as possible by using a firm statement.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:48 AM

BTW I do have the oddball Husky that DOES NOT howl.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 AM

I understand your frustrations, I really do. I just beg you not to involve your dogs in this situation. Making them bark means that you'd be causing them anxiety.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:18 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,432,497 times
It is much easier to teach a dog bad behavior than unteach them.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:20 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Because they will bark and annoy my neighbors is one of the TOP reasons I don't leave my dogs outside.
So I have no supportive statements for the op.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs