Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2013, 05:08 PM

20 posts, read 26,993 times

Advertisements

Ok this is different than what I can find doing any searches. I have two dogs and a small fenced front yard area, The lab barks at people and other dogs walking by the husky only barks at other dogs or gets jealous when he hears anyone out back. This has never been a problem even with the neighbor that has complained about everything. Today he complained after I had put the husky out front while moving furniture in through the back door. I made sure the dog was out front and he is on a chain when outside because he does like to run and figured out awhile ago that he can go under/over the fence, open the latch on the gate When the weather is nicer I do have the dogs out back with me and I do have a covered kennel that keeps filling with water and ice. Here is the 411 I could through a party but it would have to end at 10 and every cop on duty would be watching people leave the premises. I could keep the dogs in all day and just let them out to go to the bathroom. But what I do want to do is really rile up this neighbor, by this I would like to get every dog that I can within the greatest distance riled and barking in the early hours of the morning lets say around 3am. I would appreciate any help in achieving this. My helping I mean any high frequencies that work better than others? sound emitting devices that would be easy to build or manufacture to aid in the accomplishment. BTW the neighbor also has indoor cats so if there is a way to emit a frequency that would drive the cats nuts that would be good too. But I am looking for ways as to accomplish this without being caught and face any legal ramification from the local pd

Old 02-24-2013, 05:34 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,354,158 times
I support you "riling up" your neighbor if you really hate him. But to involve innocent animals is unconscionable. That could cause horrible unintended consequences. I can't abide people using animals in their revenge plots. I'm all for revenge.. but I urge you to come up with a scheme that only affects the neighbor and only involves him, yourself, and if necessary other consenting people, NOT animals. The possibilities are endless if you are creative.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:01 PM

20 posts, read 26,993 times
To picture the area I live on a corner lot as do they across the street. He has was in had been in a war with property line/dog next to his property, dogs with another and a third because of parking at time where the older gentleman is a gunsmith in his spare time both behind his property. I don't want to get in a legal battle with the neighbor or by no means hurt any animals. The husky would outside all day if I let him. The lab will bark to come back into the house. My dogs do not respond in any way to a dog whistle as I had purchased one to stop them both from barking at other dogs that walk by. All I really want to do for a few weeks every-other day or so to get as many dogs barking as possible early in the morning Most neighbors are in the block are already up and headed off to work by 5am

Old 02-24-2013, 06:52 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,354,158 times
But how can you know how any given owner will respond to their own dog erupting into early morning barking? Would you really feel ok being the cause of a dog getting hit or harshly scolded? In order for me to agree with your genius plan, you'd have to go round to every single dog owner in the area and explain why their dog would be barking for the next few weeks on alternating mornings. If people's dogs start inexplicably barking every other morning for weeks, some owners may respond by beating their dogs to make them shut up, some owners might bring their dogs to the vet to figure out what could be wrong.. Too many variables outside of your control in this plot, and too many ways innocent non-targets can be hurt in your process. Focus on targeting the neighbor and only the neighbor. You've at least got to come up with something better that does not involve animals.

Additionally, I don't believe there is any fool-proof 100% guaranteed way to get every dog within a 2 mile radius barking in unison the way you're envisioning in your revenge fantasy. So if you don't like my first reason for picking a different idea, maybe that one is more convincing for you. Also, your neighbor hates dogs, so getting dogs to bark will make him hate the species even more which could escalate his behavior and he may eventually start hurting dogs (like yours) instead of just complaining about them.

I know you can come up with something absolutely perfect for this neighbor of yours. Keep thinking. Or move.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:18 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,816,285 times
right I kinda agree with k9. I'm all for revenge on scumbags and heck disagreeing with k9 you can involve an animal (I can't tell you how many times I wanted my boy to bite my ex) but not in a scenario where they would possibly get hurt. too many outside variables are at stake here. I would definitely fear for the outcome.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:37 AM

24,413 posts, read 27,034,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revengeisbestservedcold View Post
Ok this is different than what I can find doing any searches. I have two dogs and a small fenced front yard area, The lab barks at people and other dogs walking by the husky only barks at other dogs or gets jealous when he hears anyone out back. This has never been a problem even with the neighbor that has complained about everything. Today he complained after I had put the husky out front while moving furniture in through the back door. I made sure the dog was out front and he is on a chain when outside because he does like to run and figured out awhile ago that he can go under/over the fence, open the latch on the gate When the weather is nicer I do have the dogs out back with me and I do have a covered kennel that keeps filling with water and ice. Here is the 411 I could through a party but it would have to end at 10 and every cop on duty would be watching people leave the premises. I could keep the dogs in all day and just let them out to go to the bathroom. But what I do want to do is really rile up this neighbor, by this I would like to get every dog that I can within the greatest distance riled and barking in the early hours of the morning lets say around 3am. I would appreciate any help in achieving this. My helping I mean any high frequencies that work better than others? sound emitting devices that would be easy to build or manufacture to aid in the accomplishment. BTW the neighbor also has indoor cats so if there is a way to emit a frequency that would drive the cats nuts that would be good too. But I am looking for ways as to accomplish this without being caught and face any legal ramification from the local pd
I understand your frustration, trust me!

However, I think your idea of revenge will do much damage to yourself than your neighbor. He will end up calling the police and when the officer sees (x) number of dogs in your small front yard he will side 100% with your neighbor. Now the instance has been documented and if it happens again, the police might take action because they'll look at you as the crazy one instead of your neighbor.

You'd be better off putting up a giant spot light from your yard shining into his house or playing loud music. I wouldn't involve other dogs or your dogs though for the reasons I mentioned above.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:22 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,287,717 times
Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs