Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 04:48 PM

5,915 posts, read 7,050,455 times

Advertisements

Family dog intentionally shot and killed by hunter in Alamance County | myfox8.com

Sad story, but at least they got the shooter.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:35 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,481,582 times
Should not let a dog be unrestrained as in not in a fenced yard. Once a dog starts running deer you got problems. That dog would be shot if running deer in many parts of the country.
I feel bad for the dog the owner is to blame.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:00 PM

125 posts, read 134,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
Should not let a dog be unrestrained as in not in a fenced yard. Once a dog starts running deer you got problems. That dog would be shot if running deer in many parts of the country.
I feel bad for the dog the owner is to blame.
I agree. The guy was a jerk, but someone could easily killed the dog on accident. I feel this is a southern thing. I never see this in NJ. Dogs roaming about with no fence or leash.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:22 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,458,071 times
The dog should have been kept up and not allowed to run loose. However, the hunter is clearly an idiot and a jerk, I hope he gets the max punishment. Anyone who would shoot a dog for running after deer obviously has mental issues.

I support hunting 100%, but I have really been fed up with the behavior of the many bad apples in the hunting community. Arrogance and selfishness reign supreme with many of these people. Growing up in the midwest, my family owned a lot of land, and it was a constant battle keeping these hunters off of our land. Most hunters are great and really support proper hunting activities, just these few bad apples really get on my nerves.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:57 PM

13,942 posts, read 39,470,645 times
Cant let dogs run deer around here... they get shot on site.

Old 11-23-2014, 12:38 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,481,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Cant let dogs run deer around here... they get shot on site.
There you go, just what I said. Anyone who has ever lived in the country knows this. Next the dog will be attacking livestock. Ranchers/Farmers will not tolerate that.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:49 AM

48,367 posts, read 22,095,748 times
Its legal to shoot a dog running deer in Maine....everyone knows it .... and keep their dogs in yard and on leash during hunting season.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:14 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,558,037 times
I'm not sure how I feel about the responses. The people did not allow their dogs to roam the streets of a New Jersey neighborhood, they lived on a farm and every dog I've ever seen on a farm runs free. She said he rarely leaves the kid's side so it's not like he's had a history of getting into other farmer's chickens.

While I understand the situation, if a dog screws up a hunt by spooking the deer that's a problem, I will never understand how laws make it legal to shoot them. Can I shoot a kid for running his jet ski through my fishing spot?

Trust me I'm very aware of how bad hunting and dogs mix. I was just telling a co-worker on Friday how I always have orange vests on my dogs when we go out in winter even though we stay out of hunting spots this time of year. He told me this exact story, a loose dog was running along a golf course bordering a hunting area and another A-hole killed it. They caught his ass too.

I hope this clown gets a serious punishment. To shoot a pet, then brag about it, tells me he is plain evil.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 11-23-2014 at 07:32 AM..

Old 11-23-2014, 09:05 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,457,533 times
Dogs chasing deer get shot.

Our bear hunting dog will not even look at a deer.

The learn very early.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:07 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,457,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about the responses. The people did not allow their dogs to roam the streets of a New Jersey neighborhood, they lived on a farm and every dog I've ever seen on a farm runs free. She said he rarely leaves the kid's side so it's not like he's had a history of getting into other farmer's chickens.

While I understand the situation, if a dog screws up a hunt by spooking the deer that's a problem, I will never understand how laws make it legal to shoot them. Can I shoot a kid for running his jet ski through my fishing spot?

Trust me I'm very aware of how bad hunting and dogs mix. I was just telling a co-worker on Friday how I always have orange vests on my dogs when we go out in winter even though we stay out of hunting spots this time of year. He told me this exact story, a loose dog was running along a golf course bordering a hunting area and another A-hole killed it. They caught his ass too.

I hope this clown gets a serious punishment. To shoot a pet, then brag about it, tells me he is plain evil.
We hunt with dogs........they can to taught not to chase deer.......or, we will shoot them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs