Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 12:54 PM

1,761 posts, read 2,099,644 times

Advertisements

I used to at my old job but not at my new job. I miss having him in the office with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 07:04 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,675,097 times
Yes, usually about 3 times per week. If it doesn't look like I will have a long shift he stays home otherwise he pretty much comes with me. Sometimes I will rotate who comes with me but usually its my border collie.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:55 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,592,619 times
Working in a hospital I can not do it ( But Jazz and Dash did come with me a few times when we were threatened by wildfires with pending evacuations and they spent the night in my department enjoying socializing with my co workers when they were on breaks and yes I had permission to bring them) Being I work the night shift Dazzle would be great as he would find some patient that needed some love crawl in bed with that person and sleep all night. Chaos would be busy mastering working an elevator so she could go visit everyone, especially once she learned that most of the nursing stations have boxes of dog cookies for the pet therapy dogs and the security dogs

Old 11-01-2013, 10:04 AM

122 posts, read 349,297 times
I wish I could. I think we should have a "bring your dog to work day" instead of "bring your kid to work day". Some of have kids that have 4 legs and a tail!

Old 11-01-2013, 11:57 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,301,069 times
I bring my dogs with me to work in the summer when I don't have meetings ( I am in academia). When I teach summer courses I tell my summer students when I will be having my dogs in my office. My office hours are always packed when a dog is there. My research students always beg me to let them walk my dogs because they say it helps them pick up girls on campus.

Also, Ninja is an excellent editor, as you can see by the work she did last time she was in the office.
Do you take your dog to work with you?-office.jpg

Old 11-01-2013, 12:27 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,386,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
I bring my dogs with me to work in the summer when I don't have meetings ( I am in academia). When I teach summer courses I tell my summer students when I will be having my dogs in my office. My office hours are always packed when a dog is there. My research students always beg me to let them walk my dogs because they say it helps them pick up girls on campus.

Also, Ninja is an excellent editor, as you can see by the work she did last time she was in the office.
Attachment 120315
A-ha! So that's what I will tell my department chair: If you want me to see more students during office hours, then let me bring my dog. and.... If you want me to publish more papers, let me bring my dog to edit them.
I just found out yesterday that my current department chair hates dogs. My old one (different university) used to bring her dog every day (service dog in training)

Old 11-01-2013, 12:33 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,108,088 times
When I was in graduate school I also was a TA and frequently took Rags to my office where she would stay and wait for me. One day somebody left the door open and Rags decided to explore. The Dean of the Business School found her asleep in his chair behind his big official desk. He laughed so hard it brought folks into his office to see what was going on. He said "She's surely a dog who enjoys being in charge. She might do a better job than I'm doing so I think I'll take the rest of the day off" and he gathered up his stuff and left the building! I never lived that down.

Old 11-01-2013, 03:44 PM

18,732 posts, read 33,406,561 times
I can't, but have a different solution. I'm now part-time and stay home with them much more!

Old 11-01-2013, 04:18 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,675,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I can't, but have a different solution. I'm now part-time and stay home with them much more!
I WISH I could do that! Being home would be soooo much better for all of us!

Old 11-02-2013, 10:33 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,239,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
No, I wish I could but I work at a hospital.
Hey, you stole my line!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs