Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 06:17 PM

745 posts, read 1,649,459 times

Advertisements

You will be able to tell more in a few months.
Post another pic in about a month and another a month after that.
We'll figure it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 11:33 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,489,562 times
Between the coloring and the eyes it looks like an Aussie.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:06 AM

18 posts, read 26,307 times
I dont know dear.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:42 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,549,632 times
My guess: Sheltie and Aussie mix

Old 05-29-2014, 10:21 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,593,717 times
My guess with Lexi is an aussie X sheltie or collie. Sometimes later with personality and gait you can get a better idea as different breeds do have different gaits.

Trip could be an aussie, could be an aussie x border collie or even could be a border collie as they do come in a blue merle so not all blue merles are aussies as even collies and shelties come in that coat. My late Phoenix was what we think a blue merle border collie but from a merle to merle breeding so she was a homozygous merle as she was deaf and had limited vision, she did however have a beautiful full collie coat which some border collies have. She was 35 lbs. She was found at the side of a road as a wee puppy and then at 1.5 given to the humane society and at 2 I found her there. She did no show well so people just passed her by. She was very shy then so ran inside when people looked at her in her run But for what ever reason maybe the fact I was not looking for a 3rd dog she and I hit it off right away making it impossible for me to leave her there. The human society was thinking aussie because of the coat but her movement and behavior screamed BC and many of my agility friends who own BC's felt so too.

I am also posting a photo of two blue merle BC's they are old in this photo but I knew the breeder and knew each as a puppy. The breeder had a blue merle male and so her litters usually has one or two in them, These two are brother and sister.

What ever the breeds of your two pups they are both adorable!

Phoenix with Dazzle( black and white silken windhound)

Two blue merle border collies.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:19 PM

974 posts, read 1,900,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Oh, and if it bites somebody in the future, it's a pit bull!
TRUTH!!!!!

The pup has mischief written into its DNA, alrighty!

Old 06-16-2014, 12:32 PM

3 posts, read 4,106 times
Default New Picture

Here's an updated picture of the pups. Lexi is looking a bit different now. Her ears are up and she's slimming down a lot. What do y'all think now?
Attached Thumbnails
What breed of dog is this?-trip-lexi.jpg  

Old 06-16-2014, 01:27 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,433,650 times
How adorable! I love special-looking dogs. She looks more huskyish now to me, and the ears actually remind me of a basenji although I suppose she'll grow into them more. Does she howl a lot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs