Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 05:29 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,206,605 times

Advertisements

The lowest of the low. Don't fall for this scam.

A Scammer is preying on people who have lost pets - National Animal Rescue | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 08:49 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,140,339 times
oldest trick in the book happened to one of my co workers a while back , a long time ago some guy calls her at work and tells her he has her dog and he keeps changing the price on her to supposedly ship the dog back to her , apparently his story was he found the dog on his way out of town while moving to a new state and he just took the dog with him rather than drop it off at some vets office and have them check the chip in the dog . so anyways we were trying to explain to her that the guy was just a scammer and was trying to get money from her so we called the police after we set a trap for him this fool actually bought it . We gave , him an address of where he could send his info so we could send the money , that fool actually sent his info and turns out that he gave us the correct info and we sent the police there to the address we had received she got a call from a detective stating that he had been arrested and there were tons of dogs and cats there inside his house unfortunately none were her dog but however they did tell us that they would try and find these dogs their rightful owners . She never did find her dog someone stole it out of her yard ...she came home one day and it was gone .So never ever fall for this scam .....

Last edited by phonelady61; 12-31-2014 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-31-2014, 11:19 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,206,605 times
How sad.

I once posted in my neighborhood about a lost dog. Soon got a call from a kid who threatened to sell the dog to a research lab if I didn't give him money. He wanted to talk about what they do to dogs there. I made arrangements to meet him at the entrance of our neighborhood and the sheriff had a plainclothes detective sit with me. The kid could see us from his bedroom window. He jerked me around several times.

He happened to call again when my friend and her teen daughter were visiting. I motioned for the girl to come listen to the call and when it was over she said "Oh that's Kyle from down the street. He got kicked off the bus for pooping in the seat. He's got a screw loose for sure. " When the kid called again he wanted to talk about my 3 year old son who had been seriously ill. This really scared me.
He was arrested that day for making terrorist threats. Turns out his mother, a friend, belonged to an anti animal cruelty group and got disturbing flyers in the mail which piqued the interest of this seriously mentally ill kid. He was put in a hospital and eventually - years later at about 22- overdosed on drugs.

I would never leave a dog unattended in my yard, even a fenced in yard. And I don't believe in letting cats roam outside either. It's unsafe for the animals and walkers and drivers trying to dodge animals.

BTW I found my lost dog in the woods dead. A necropsy could not tell us how she died.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:38 PM

259 posts, read 671,400 times
Seven Psychopaths (2012) - IMDb

Old 02-18-2015, 05:54 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,430,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

These folks prowl Craigslist Pets and I argue with them all the time. Common sense should tell anyone that sees their posts they are scammers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs