Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 09:25 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
The folks in white coats are not Gods folks and I know most people treat them like that . I hope they take his medical license away from him and he never be allowed to own another animal for the rest of his life . I disliked this guy with his lame arse excuse from the minute I heard this story . Im moving to Columbia so I will be watching this story rather closely. I will be following it .
This is absolutely not a valid reason to take away his medical license. A medical patient who can use words to communicate is not in the same situation as a dog. I bet you all kinds of money that there are very competent doctors who hate dogs and/or cats, you may have even been treated by one. The two are not related. He already owns another dog and there are apparently no issues with it, but saying he doesn't deserve another dog at least makes sense.

You know who needs to lose their license over this? The rescue organization. Oh, that's right, they are not regulated in any manner, shape, or form.

Old 01-09-2015, 05:30 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
Good point Old Hag. We need some sort of accountability of these rescues. We know many are just hoarders who call themselves rescues for the tax breaks. They rarely adopt out and only go through the motions. It is a mental disorder and unfairly reflects on the truly WONDERFUL hard working folks who make many personal sacrifices to help place animals in good homes.

As far as doctors without good character goes...I used to manage a small practice and let me tell you...doctors are just like regular folks and I agree, our society seems to deify them too often. The stories I could tell. But good character and a successful career (in any field) are not always hand in hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 11:16 PM

259 posts, read 670,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
1) I bet you all kinds of money that there are very competent doctors who hate dogs and/or cats, you may have even been treated by one.

2) You know who needs to lose their license over this? The rescue organization. Oh, that's right, they are not regulated in any manner, shape, or form.

1) Maybe, but I'm guessing compassionate doctors are also compassionate about animals. I know mine are.

2) Nor should they be.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Help Desk View Post
1) Maybe, but I'm guessing compassionate doctors are also compassionate about animals. I know mine are.

2) Nor should they be.
I have no clue about #1, but there are times when I am far more concerned that the doctor be competent than compassionate. Anesthesiology, radiology, even surgery, and a couple of other specialties require little patient interaction. The gastroenterologist that finally figured out what was wrong with me had zippo people skills, and I am more than fine with that because my life is so much better for having gone to him. My point is that there is no reason for the guy to lose his medical license over his inability to deal with this dog. The two are not related.

You and I are going to have to totally disagree about #2.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:01 PM

259 posts, read 670,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

You and I are going to have to totally disagree about #2.
Awesome! Let's get to it.

If you want fewer rescue organizations, make it tougher to become one. Fewer rescue organizations will mean fewer rescued dogs.

After all, killing animals like PETA does it what we're really after.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:29 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
The first lapse in judgment is getting this dog (an unknown 80 pound male dog with unknown background) with a 17 month old in the house.

Wtf?

Old 01-30-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Help Desk View Post
Awesome! Let's get to it.

If you want fewer rescue organizations, make it tougher to become one. Fewer rescue organizations will mean fewer rescued dogs.

After all, killing animals like PETA does it what we're really after.
First of all, there are "rescues" out there that have been found to either abandon, neglect, or even put down dogs. But one of the most annoying things about rescues is that they aren't "rescuing" the hard to adopt, but the ones that are usually the easy small to medium size younger dogs. Somehow they are leaving the saddest cases - as in the the ones that were always most likely to be put down - in the kill shelters. Now less people even try the shelters because they are getting a reputation of just having pit bulls or other undesirable dogs. So no one goes to look for a 2-3 year old "cute little doggie" and end falling in love with a 10 year old half pit bull that they take home. Too many rescues have become dog-flippers.

Wanting registration of them and some regulations is not the same as wanting them gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs