Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 AM

1 posts, read 10,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy309 View Post
We have a 1 year old Chiweenie (cross between a chi and a dacsund) and we just love her. She is so spoiled and has taken over the house. Does anyone else have one and how has your experience been with them?
Yes! We have a chi-weenie named Buffy. We adopted her 4 yrs. ago from the Dallas area & had her flown to Seattle. We LOVE her. She has been the best dog anyone could ask for. Only correction problem is she has gotten a bit too protective of me over the last two years (not all bad?!).

We moved from Seattle to Houston & I think all the upheaveal threw her for a loop!

Hope you love your dog too Christy!

(: deb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 06:16 PM

2 posts, read 21,555 times
Cool all dogs are mutts

the only true breed are the wolf and the dingo. both are unchanged in almost 100k years. all others are a mix of one or the other. shepards. labs. chiweenies. chiweenie is just a new mix and is not recognised yet by the akc or ack.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:18 PM

2 posts, read 21,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddieXRuxpin View Post
I'm not sure if you really meant it this way, but they aren't a breed. They are a mix, mutt, or whatever you'd like to call them. All are great dogs, but I want to point out they're not a breed.

I don't own one, but we've had a few cuties come through our rescue. I only have pictures of two. What I've found is they really do all look different. One of the others we had was all tan and a little guy.

Leaha
I LOVE this picture of her. She looks like she's going to take over the world.

Godiva

She was so tiny

the only true breed are the wolf and the dingo. both are unchanged in almost 100k years. all others are a mix of one or the other. shepards. labs. chiweenies. chiweenie is just a new mix and is not recognised yet by the akc or ack.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:12 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,343,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidpopp69 View Post
a wolf isn't a breed, it's a separate species. by the very difinition of "breed", purebred labs, GSDs, etc, are breeds. a breed of dog is considered a breed when it can breed true. chiweenies don't breed true, so they aren't a breed. just a FYI

I remembered seeing a dog that looked like a terrier/doxie mix, but the owner said it was a wired haired dachshund/chihuahua mix. just thought it was interesting, since I've never seen a wired hair doxie before, thought they were fairly rare. very cute dog though, kind of looked like a JRT mix

Old 10-12-2008, 10:32 PM

692 posts, read 3,855,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidpopp69 View Post
There is a difference between a mix and a recognized breed.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 10,730 times
Default New baby!

My husband brought home a Chiweenie that is about 6 months old last week. At first I had serious misgivings, considering my disposition as a confirmed cat lover with 5 indoor/outdoor beautiful cats. But, after almost a whole week, this dog has proved that she is smart, lovable, and trainable, even though she was not housebroken by her previous owners she now potties outside.

She travels well, and is very sociable around other dogs, but has a bad habit of cat-chasing we're working on now. Does anyone have any advice about this, is it okay to put the Chi in her carrier as a method of time-out if I catch her chasing?

Any advice is appreciated, as this is my first puppy for many many years...

Old 11-02-2008, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 10,679 times
Hi my wife and I adopted a chiweenie named Tiki from Pawsabilities rescue in NJ on 8/2/08 and it was love at first lick. She is fawn color with a dark streak down her back. She was saved by Save-a-sato and fostered by a family in puerto rico untill her 5 puppies were adopted and then Tiki came to nj. She is smart ,coragious and a lap dog. We love her to death. And we did change her name to Tiki Ann.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:57 PM

1 posts, read 10,465 times
Default chiweenie

yes i have one she is 2 1/2 months old and she is my lil sweetie , she is so spoiled my only complaint is she bites to much and seems aggressive at times but she is lovable mostly

Old 12-14-2008, 08:20 AM

321 posts, read 1,556,713 times
Precious, you've got a potential big problem on your hands if you don't get the biting and aggression under control. Spoiled is not cute. Sorry to be critical, but your pup is very young and you can turn that behavior around if you get to work on it. Get some books on puppy raising, and good luck.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 10,365 times
Just adopted this little guy a bit before Christmas from a local family. He's 10 months old, and is oddly proportionate for a chiweenie. He looks more like a miniature pointer than anything else, but his mother was a Dachshund (with a hint of pug) and his father a Chihuahua. He's very quiet - I think he's only barked a few times when someone has come to the door. He's very well mannered and just loves to lay next to you and sleep. His name is Cowboy.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...205dd81b1e.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs