Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 10:43 AM

17 posts, read 15,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Could you get some anti-biotic cream to put in the wounds?

Is there bears in your area???

It looks like the dog was swatted by a bear.
Serbia have brown bears they are very very rare but it can be... i do not have any woods near my place or street where i found the dog

Last edited by Milos951; 11-27-2015 at 10:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 11:11 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,881,678 times
Far more likely he was bitten by another stray dog. That's why infection is a concern.

Agree that when stressed, animals refuse food, I'd boil up the eggs and chicken and offer, then take away after awhile, then offer again later etc.

Going forward infection or internal damage is what you'll have to watch for.

Found very few results but maybe these folks can help?

Shelters. | Serbian Animals Voice (SAV)

Old 11-27-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
Far more likely he was bitten by another stray dog. That's why infection is a concern.

Agree that when stressed, animals refuse food, I'd boil up the eggs and chicken and offer, then take away after awhile, then offer again later etc.

Going forward infection or internal damage is what you'll have to watch for.

Found very few results but maybe these folks can help?

Shelters. | Serbian Animals Voice (SAV)
yea i did send email to them too and cople other serbian shelters i could find, non replyed still waiting

Some news about the doggy:
He gets up more now(walks) he dont want to go outside since morning i guess rain, he didnt eat he just sniff food and drink some water ,
Wound on leg hurts him less and he walks better now
Wound on his neck is clean and dry and there is no blood anymore YAY! but now i can see a clean cut in his neck(muscle i think ) i still keep it cleaned every 3-4 hrs....

Full image : http://s29.postimg.org/6u41gpsh3/Untitled.png
edit: i took a better look on that wound and i can confirm it is not a hole there is a crust which is good! only thing that i am worrid now is he is not eating! hope so he will starts tommorow!

Last edited by Milos951; 11-27-2015 at 12:53 PM..

Old 11-27-2015, 02:54 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times
so after he is all healed are you going to keep him or is he going to be going to the shelter ? I hope he heals well for you but he really does need to be seen by a vet at some point and I'm hoping you can arrange that with your pocket . also you need to consider if you cant afford the food or vet care for him turning him over to someone that can or a shelter . Good luck to him and you .

Old 11-27-2015, 03:27 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Sounds like this sweetie is doing better. If he doesn't eat within the next 24 hours though I'd be more concerned. Looks like the skin wounds are doing a lot better which is good.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
so after he is all healed are you going to keep him or is he going to be going to the shelter ? I hope he heals well for you but he really does need to be seen by a vet at some point and I'm hoping you can arrange that with your pocket . also you need to consider if you cant afford the food or vet care for him turning him over to someone that can or a shelter . Good luck to him and you .
Until i found someone who can take better care and give him better quality of life i think he will stey with me
Yes money is a problem it is almost end of the month and i am not getting paycheck until 5 th december so i am runing out of it...after i get paycheck i will see what i can do one by one thing...for now i have food for him and basic staff what dogs need...
Tommorow when i go to job my sister will watch him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Sounds like this sweetie is doing better. If he doesn't eat within the next 24 hours though I'd be more concerned. Looks like the skin wounds are doing a lot better which is good.
Yea good thing is he started walking alot more and he waves his tail...also i am waiting for response of one shelter i think they can forward me to one vet that will take a look of a dog for free....
You have no idea how much vets are expensive here one asked me for 80 euros just to look at him noting more ,and 80 euros here is alot since normal paycheck in serbia is around 230-300 euros for a month...

Old 11-27-2015, 05:25 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times
vets are exspensive everywhere , every country .

Old 11-27-2015, 08:24 PM

919 posts, read 840,912 times
Thank you, Milos951!

You are a nice person and he is a lucky dog as a person like you takes care of him!

Hope he'll get better and better!

Old 11-27-2015, 10:48 PM

318 posts, read 373,012 times
Quote:
You have no idea how much vets are expensive here one asked me for 80 euros just to look at him noting more ,and 80 euros here is alot since normal paycheck in serbia is around 230-300 euros for a month...
Quote:
vets are exspensive everywhere , every country .
phonelady61, they are, but the above is insanity. It sounds like well tended pets are a domain for the rich in Serbia at those numbers. Taking a pittance of an income here *$12K, an emergency clinic visit (# approx from when last I used one) $157 -Base. just for looking at a pet. Clinics are obviously lower then the ER vet. That still amounts to only 6.28% of that months income, for someone on one of the lowest incomes in my country. VS. 80 euros when the average take-home for the month is 300 euro? 26.67% of that months money gone, and you leave without an actual treatment if one is needed. That's approaching housing levels. It sounds uniquely unaffordable when one considers ones housing and food also comes out of that $300. One of the few cases where I totally understand helping with the DIY of helping this pup.

Old 11-28-2015, 12:38 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,550,850 times
I hope this cute dog doesn't have an infection, but the fact that he won't eat is worrysome.

I know I might be lambasted by others by this suggestion, but if all else fails and he still won't eat, do you have any friends in the medical field who can get you antibiotics for humans? Any friends with left-over penicillin for their children? A doctor who might give out free samples? A hospital that might have out of date supplies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs