Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 02:38 PM

17 posts, read 15,786 times

Advertisements

Hi guys i need urgent help!
So i was going back from the store and saw this poor little thing all wounded on the street in rain
Somehow i was able to bring him into the house
He got wounds on the neck and his leg and he bleeds
i cleaned wounds and dry him of a bit but i am so worrid
Also he dont bleed as much as befor anymore but there is still a bit of blood on skin
He can walk(slowly) But he shakes and he is very friendly

I wish to bring him to vet but i do not have that kind of money at the moment, i bearly survive myself xD

sorry for my english i am from central europe....

Here are some pictures if anyone know how can i help him more please post...

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

here are full images :
http://s13.postimg.org/poi00dd07/IMG...126_222727.jpg
http://s13.postimg.org/eavgp62hj/IMG...126_222732.jpg
http://s13.postimg.org/godeg6gwn/IMG...126_222736.jpg
http://s13.postimg.org/ov5e7r6zb/IMG...126_222739.jpg
http://s13.postimg.org/5ekol8bvb/IMG...126_222742.jpg
http://s13.postimg.org/ltelxstuf/IMG...126_222750.jpg

Last edited by Milos951; 11-26-2015 at 03:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 02:48 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
just keep them clean and wait a few days and see if the wounds heal and if they do ,they may not need a vet . But you might want to take him for a well check up to make sure everything is okay and find out if he has a micro chip he might have run away or wandered off from his owners . I mean if he does not have a micro chip are you going to keep him ? if not then what are you prepared to do with him ? he could have internal injuries so you might want to take him to the vet and explain the situation to the vet and they may cut you a break on the $ end of it . You never know really I hope everything turns out okay for the poor dog and you . Let us know how it turns out thanks .

Last edited by phonelady61; 11-26-2015 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-26-2015, 02:52 PM

at the moment i am trying to take care of him,he didnt have collar when i found him also since i live in serbia , not sure if he have microchip , i will try to post some flyers around the town to see if someone show up until then i will keep him. i will ask some friends if they know some vets that will look for a chip ..
I will try to post new pictures.

Last edited by Milos951; 11-26-2015 at 03:12 PM..

Old 11-26-2015, 03:14 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,552,551 times
Phonelady is right. Just try to keep the wounds clean. Don't use any harsh chemicals, like alcohol.
If you have access to hydrogen peroxide or iodine, use that. Use the hydrogen peroxide watered down with a half and half mixture.
Keep the wound(s) open to the air. Check on her/him often. When the wound runs clear (no blood) let it scab over. That means quit wetting the wound. If you see puss around the scab, dampen a clean cloth or paper towel with weakened alcohol and wipe only the edges of the wound.

I ordinarily would not offer this type of advice, but you sound like you live in a place where veterinary assistance is dull, and your lack of money is withstanding.
Your love of life is not. Do the best you can by the dog. Your heart is in the right place. In my humble opinion.

I saved a gooses' life when I was 17 by these methods- a dog had chewed her bill (mouth-part) into several deep pierces, and I let her lay in a deep sink for a month. Treated her daily with method I posted above. Her bill healed, and the duck was set free 4 weeks later.

Clean her bedding as often as needed, animal needs clean space. Look at her butt and peeper two or three times a day and wipe away any poop or pee with clean towel dipped in warm, clean water. When she/he can stand, start letting her go outside, with you watching her.

Good luck.

edit: I hope there are no broken bones. That is an entirely different situation, where you would have to set them in place with sturdy sticks and guaze.

Last edited by TerraDown; 11-26-2015 at 03:33 PM..

Old 11-26-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
Phonelady is right. Just try to keep the wounds clean. Don't use any harsh chemicals, like alcohol.
If you have access to hydorgen peroxide or iodine, use that. Use the hydrogen peroxide watered down with a half and half mixture.
Keep the wound(s) open to the air. Check on her/him often. When the wound runs clear (no blood) let it scab over. That means quit wetting the wound. If you see puss around the scab, dampen a clean cloth or paper towel with weakened alcohol and wipe only the edges of the wound.

I ordinarily would not offer this type of advice, but you sound like you live in a place where veterinary assistance is dull, and your lack of money is withstanding.
Your love of life is not. Do the best you can by the dog. Your heart is in the right place. In my humble opinion.

I saved a gooses' life when I was 17 by these methods- a dog had chewed her bill (mouth-part) into several deep pierces, and I let her lay in a deep sink for a month. Treated her daily with method I posted above. Her bill healed, and the duck was set free 4 weeks later.

Clean her bedding as often as needed, animal needs clean space. Look at her butt and peeper two or three times a day and wipe away any poop or pee with clean towel dipped in warm, clean water. When she/he can stand, start letting her go outside, with you watching her.

Good luck.

edit: I hope there are no broken bones. That is an entirely different situation, where you would have to set them in place with sturdy sticks and guaze.
Thanks for answer! i did clened wounds with hydorogen i also moved his legs to see if it hurst him but he didnt react so i guess there is no broken bone he just react when i try to clean his wound on leg and neck.Thanks for all advices i will try my best and hope so i will post some happy news soon

Old 11-26-2015, 03:48 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,552,551 times
But he could have rib cage broken too, or internal bleeding, just keep a good eye on him. You are a great person!

Old 11-26-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
But he could have rib cage broken too, or internal bleeding, just keep a good eye on him. You are a great person!
i will do my best! Thanks alot again!

Old 11-26-2015, 04:30 PM

454 posts, read 495,262 times
If you can find a local dog rescue, they may be able to help you, too.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:00 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
You're a very kind hearted person for bringing him home. I hope he'll be ok. I'm sure he's very thankful to be warm and out of the rain. Let us know how he's doing. Best of luck.

Old 11-27-2015, 02:03 AM

Hi guys here are some updates for this morning:
His leg dont hurt as much as before so he walks a bit normaly,he did pee one time also he wont eat much
I am worrid for his wound on the neck it seams like like a bite or fang bite something like that,i am trying to keep it clean but i am not sure if i should put bandages on that
I also got dog food for free from local petshop and i give his picture so they can put in in shop and see if owner show up...
I wasnt able to find vet that will take a look of him for free..
We do not have shelter in my region closest one is 35 km in main city(Belgrade-Serbia Central Europe) i do not have a car so i cant go there...
Here are some pictures
This is him now
[/url]
This is his wound on neck that am worrid about
[/url]

Full pictures: http://s28.postimg.org/h56dwl8ot/IMG...127_094231.jpg
http://s28.postimg.org/ivpey2q7x/IMG...127_094304.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs