Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 02:07 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post
Is this post serious! I mean I guess it could be since I've seen people in this situation when adopting a dog or buying a puppy but some of it seems unreal.

The dog is certainly a handful, many high energy dogs can be destructive. Though I don't see anything abnormal for a bored, high energy dog or reasons to be called a "Devil Dog". The dog sounds manageable, it's not impossible, otherwise no one would own a high drive, high energy Malinois, GSD, Pit, Border Collie, ect, ect. This dog is far from the crazy dog that they are being made out to be. I could understand someone being at their wits end trying to deal Auth the situation if they were not prepared but they have been given good suggestions.

I also don't see why the rescue wouldn't take him, considering how many dogs end up in rescue for these same reasons.

Rehome the dog to someone who will give him a job!
This dog is being abused by the op by his own admission of throwing his shoes at the poor animal. He has no intention of doing anything in the dog's best interest and believes himself to be the victim in this situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 02:20 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,299,520 times
GRs have a very sweet nature, but don't be surprised if some day he turns on you for throwing shoes at him. What does that solve?

Old 01-30-2016, 02:53 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,773,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
Take your fake dog on your fake 4 hour runs in the mountains that you've been fake doing every single day for the past fake 5 years.
^^^this. OP, do you actually take this supposed dog on ANY walks or runs? Or do you simply put him in the yard and let him do his thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acercode View Post
Actually, none of our 20 dogs have ever done what this Devil Dog has done. Plus 2 years is NOT a puppy!

I'd be horrified if he were to be adopted in to another unsuspecting family!
OP, your other 20 dogs were likely stuffed animals. Twenty dogs - really? I find that very hard to believe.

I AM horrified you think you are a good dog owner. You are not.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:56 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,989,738 times
Hey everyone, it looks like we have a bouncing baby troll- please don't feed it.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:37 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,447,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvepaw View Post
Hey everyone, it looks like we have a bouncing baby troll- please don't feed it.

Sorry, but I used to work in rescue and I believe that the OP really does have this dog. The OP is, most certainly, exaggerating the situation and probably has not come back to this thread because she doesnt want to address with the comments.

Old 01-30-2016, 06:56 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,254,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Sorry, but I used to work in rescue and I believe that the OP really does have this dog. The OP is, most certainly, exaggerating the situation and probably has not come back to this thread because she doesnt want to address with the comments.
I appreciate and share your perspective but I checked one of the OP's other threads linked by another poster on this thread and he definitely trolls. As 12 said, let's stop feeding him.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:36 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,711,853 times
Wow yeah after reading their thread about "running" pretty much don't believe anything they said.

"Did I mention this is at near 4,000 feet elevation with steep mountains?

I guarantee none of you could finish this course."

I mean they claim to be running 4 hours a day in the other thread but only made it 7 miles. Totally not running, clearly a troll who didn't do the simple math. That's slow walk. And 4,000 ft is supposed to mean what, that walking is equivalent of running? I lived at 4,000 ft elevation for 5yrs and it didn't slow my run down to walk pace when running dogs, I moved faster than them when I was pregnant.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:46 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acercode
Unfortunately, the pound does not accept returns so we are stuck with him. I feel like they sold us a defective dog as they later admitted that he's been returned several times already.
See if you can find a DIFFERENT POUND to take him...... He is probably scared and trying to get "kicked out" -- Poor thing,being sent to so many different families must be aweful....

Try not to be hard on him,try to be paitent,I KNOW ITS HARD!! -- We adopted a dog once and she was also a nightmare (Chewing up stuff,etc) my mom and dad got rid of her.... (Her name was MEG) -- I now look back and I feel bad,I feel like we didnt give her enough chance.... I hope meg is still alive!! (This was in the 90s)

Good luck acercode

Old 01-31-2016, 03:05 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,633,295 times
crating make the most sense. Dogs don't want to be alone all day. It's best to get a dog when someone's going to be around to pay attention to it. For a working family get a cat.

Old 01-31-2016, 09:46 AM

806 posts, read 959,464 times
This is for all you clowns calling me a liar claiming I don't really own a GR and that he couldn't possibly have done the damages I stated since they are all sweet angels from heaven.

I don't lie like most of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs