Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 04:39 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,696,291 times

Advertisements

I don't think you need to worry about it at a dog park. I took mine there a lot and she never had a problem from interacting with other dogs. She had more problems with drinking the water from the small man made pond there - A pond that dogs swam, peed, and pooped in. Many times I heard 'Don't let your dog drink the water!' but mine always did.

Now this is my opinion and take it as you will.

Healthy dogs go to parks, run, and play. A good owner with a sick dog won't take him/her there. So with that in mind if a dog is coughing at the park then you know something is wrong. I lean towards the opinion that a coughing dog spreads germs. . . Just like we do.

So with that in mind I doubt your dog will pick up something from the park. He's more likely to pick up fleas. Or something from the water.

Young puppies don't have a strong immune system so they shouldn't be at a dog park. (Our parks here have signs prohibiting it). They're the ones to pick up germs. Then there's the vet's office. -- I make it a habit to wipe paws in the car before driving home. Who knows how often the office mops! And it's usually sick or unvaccinated dogs that visit the vet!

I don't worry about Bordatella at all. But do your research and see what you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs