Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2017, 07:08 PM

4,314 posts, read 4,002,435 times

Advertisements

l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbogyrl View Post
Its a yard, unfenced, by a sidewalk. Do you sleep out there? leave valuables on the front lawn?

Your question is totally irrelevant.

You saw my post. If the OP and YOU TOO, are so anti-dog, put up a fence around your precious grass!

I'm a dog owner, I pick up after my dog, but of course NOT urine. Most other dog owners in my neighborhood are the same.

As for neighbors...seems like there are quite a few here who are mean spirited and super nazi control freaks about their precious grass. Hmmm I noticed, seems like many of you big whiney babies are over 60... Maybe you are all focusing too much on your silly grass and need another hobby!

PUT UP A FENCE OR MOVE far away where you are not near people and their dogs!
( 3rd paragraph )..........your precious grass
(5th paragraph )..........your silly grass

At least you are acknowledging that it is not yours but is owned by them.

So stay the heck off their lawn !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 07:24 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,267,151 times
My neighborhood doesn't have sidewalks or telephone poles. The street, from start to end (cul-du-sac at the end) is just a little bit over .5 miles long & has (maybe) 7 light posts. Makes for a super dark street. The light posts sit in someone's lawn, as do the fire hydrants.

Everyone with a dog lets their dog pee on someone's grass.

I've never seen anyone let their dog run up and in to someone else's front yard.

Everyone seems to walk around with "poop bags".

Old 05-15-2017, 08:31 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,716,602 times
Quote:
Its a yard, unfenced, by a sidewalk. Do you sleep out there? leave valuables on the front lawn?

Your question is totally irrelevant.

You saw my post. If the OP and YOU TOO, are so anti-dog, put up a fence around your precious grass!

I'm a dog owner, I pick up after my dog, but of course NOT urine. Most other dog owners in my neighborhood are the same.

As for neighbors...seems like there are quite a few here who are mean spirited and super nazi control freaks about their precious grass. Hmmm I noticed, seems like many of you big whiney babies are over 60... Maybe you are all focusing too much on your silly grass and need another hobby!

Nobody who posted is anti-dog, they are anti-bad-owners.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:12 PM

633 posts, read 1,013,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Generational, my big ole butt. I'm 50 and I think you need to get over yourself.

It's pee. It's not going to hurt your precious grass, for goodness sake. I have four female dogs and my grass and flowerbeds are just dandy.

Not to mention, it was passive-aggressive and cowardly to boot. You could have walked outside when your little alarm went off, and talked to the neighbors yourself.

I can only imagine what nickname your neighborhood has given you.
Actually I think this can become a new hobby, OP.

Watching the lawn all day to see if anyone walking a dog allows their dog to pee on your lawn.

At that point, you can rush outside, chastise them accordingly, and quickly spay some nice fresh spring water on the offending spot because GOD only knows you can't wait for the rain to wash it away...

Should keep you busy and give you and your hubby something to talk about.

I'm far from a youngster, and I hope that I never get that bored or crazy controlling to worry about the grass to that extent.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:44 AM

5,046 posts, read 9,631,809 times
Funny, if the neighbor brought the dog up to do his business on your lawn and tripped and fell or turned his ankle....they wouldn't sue because we're all one happy universe? Or blame the dog because...well, the dog brought his owner there it's not the owner's fault.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:55 AM

2,320 posts, read 1,872,170 times
common sense. Fence if the sanctity of your grass is important to you. I love my roses and plants and have dogs, we have a lovely fence that we grow climbing roses against.
Peace of mind for all concerned.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:59 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,381,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
We have a neighbor that walks his dog on a leash, and if he thinks no one is looking, lets the dog come up half way into our front yard to do his business.

I've never said a negative word to this neighbor, but when I see him coming, and he sees me, he somehow manages to keep the dog out of my yard.

Weird how that works.
We came home at 11 pm one night and a neighbor and her dog were near the middle of our front yard. I got out of the car and went over to say a pleasant hello, just to let her know that we saw her doing this. I wasn't thrilled that she felt it was okay to be in the middle of our yard in the dark, but in the interest of getting along in the neighborhood, I didn't say anything, but I did feel she was trespassing.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:32 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,808,813 times
Quote:
Or here's an idea... keep your precious fido off MY property!

Quote:
Mean spirited because they don't want someone's dog on property that they pay for? Wild animals are one thing - they are not under anyone's control. Your dog, however, is completely controllable. Snowflake owners like you just think they they should be able to do whatever they want and everyone should love it.

Quote:
KEEP YOUR DOG OFF SOMEONE ELSE'S PROPERTY or pay for your own place with a yard and let it go there!

I do not understand why people think it's okay to let their animals roam around on someone else's property. Do you pay for it? No? Then you and your dog can kiss off.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:05 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,699,685 times

Old 05-16-2017, 07:08 AM

3 posts, read 2,475 times
I was recently had the police called on me over this. My neighbor allowed her dog to urinate on my baby trees. I happened to be outside at the time and i yelled "nooo!" My neighbor got nasty with me for yelling at her dog and i informed her it was better to yell NO than to put a bullet through its head. Well, she called the Police and told them i threatened to kill her dog.
The police came to me and asked me if i said that to her. I had to clarify my words then showed the officer the damage to my baby trees from the high alkaline content in dog urine. As i am doing this the neighbor was on her porch watching the two of us interact. The officer nodded and informed me to sue her over damages to the trees. Easement rights laws do not apply to animals. The officer left and walked to my neighbor and ticketed her for personal property damage.
I suggest you take pictures of the dog in your yard, pictures of your damages, then ask your neighbor not to allow the dog in your yard or you are within your right to sue for personal property damages. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs