Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 04:33 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,078,334 times

Advertisements

no my dog has never bitten anyone but if someones dog did bite me I just would not sue at all it is not fair to the dog . everytime a dog bite is reported that family has to go through wondering if their dog is going to be put down . I will not have that on my conscience at all .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 04:37 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,956,211 times
Homeowner's insurance policies have begun to exclude a lot of breeds from their policies. We were cancelled from our last homeowner's insurance because Great Danes are now on their banned list, along with 12 other dog breeds. It's not because Great Danes are aggressive, but IF the dog were to bite/injure someone, he/she would cause more damage than if a smaller dog bit the person. I was pissed. Just because the dog is big, now we can't have insurance? My dogs have never done anything, and Great Danes are known for being big babies. In fact, my deaf Dane was attacked by a Chihuahua! The little ankle biter bit part of her ear off, and it cost me hundreds of dollars in vet bills to prevent infection in the rest of it

Old 08-06-2018, 04:44 PM

1,201 posts, read 803,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Who are you to determine what breeds are suitable for pets ? you are the reason people don't take their pets out in public since you said you would sue just because of the breed not the severity of the bite . wow .
That's right! I absolutely mean that.

Quote:
can't just bite someone for being on your property - and if your dog does, you're a pretty irresponsible owner.
So, you are saying your dog bit someone? IF SO, then yes, I am saying you're irresponsible.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
no my dog has never bitten anyone but if someones dog did bite me I just would not sue at all it is not fair to the dog . everytime a dog bite is reported that family has to go through wondering if their dog is going to be put down . I will not have that on my conscience at all .
That is the price for allowing your dog to bite someone. And in many cases, the dog SHOULD be put down and if I were the victim, I would push hard for it. If the bite requires stitches and/or does significant damage then it should automatically be required by law (with the only exception being your life or well-being was in real danger).

Old 08-06-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoR View Post
That is the price for allowing your dog to bite someone. And in many cases, the dog SHOULD be put down and if I were the victim, I would push hard for it. If the bite requires stitches and/or does significant damage then it should automatically be required by law (with the only exception being your life or well-being was in real danger).

It must be nice to live in that world you live in . Oh because in your world everyone is at fault but you .

Old 08-06-2018, 05:01 PM

okay folks I m done here dealing with idiots . take care all and enjoy this thread because you might have to live in another world to understand at least one poster here .

Old 08-06-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
It must be nice to live in that world you live in . Oh because in your world everyone is at fault but you .
If you have your dog out in public and it bites someone, the only one responsible is the person at the end of the leash (or not). If I have MY dog out in public and it bites someone, regardless of reason (with the exception of me being physically attacked), then *I* am at fault and *I* have FAILED my dogs. My world is personal accountability for the actions of my dogs, not victim blaming.

Old 08-06-2018, 05:25 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola4 View Post
...my home owner's insurance had me remove the "Beware Of Dog" sign from my outside gate. IF my dog were to bite a trespasser, the sign is admitting my dog is dangerous... in a round about way. It would make the insurance payout that much higher.

Absolutely. That's why my gate sign says:

Doberman is hiding in the bushes 4 days a week. You guess the days.

My gate sign used to say the below but even that wording could be construed as evidence of a dangerous dog:

Attention, Meter Reader: Dont worry about the doberman who lives here. He doesnt like the taste of meter readers and is usually inside the house anyway.

Old 08-06-2018, 05:39 PM

This is absolutely the best and most affordable liability insurance for your dog out in public:

https://www.petexpertise.com/baskerv...ra-dog-muzzle/

https://clickertraining.com/muzzles

https://muzzleupproject.com/about/

And it covers all breeds!

Last edited by OttoR; 08-06-2018 at 06:12 PM..

Old 08-06-2018, 06:48 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Quote:
okay folks I m done here dealing with idiots . take care all and enjoy this thread because you might have to live in another world to understand at least one poster here .

I was going to pick up the ball and say, "Allow me".....but even I have no stomach for the Who can I sue? nonsense. And "pushing" to have dogs euthanized.

It does, indeed, take all kinds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs