Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 05:49 AM

1,022 posts, read 778,945 times

Advertisements

This has blown my mind for so many years. People tie their dogs outside while they shop and leave them helpless too people who could do anything too them! I have seen many of them scared to death and many times they are assaulted or stolen.

It happened yet again here in Chicago a 3 legged dog was taken while tied outside of a Target store and taken by two kids on the subway. Luckily this one time the dog was returned to the owners but what is wrong with people! Why leave your dog defenseless like this and I see it every single day it makes no sense. I know the human animals is stupid and lazy but I mean come on what is the reason for this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2018, 06:39 AM

34,147 posts, read 83,188,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
Why do people insist on leaving their dogs outside when they shop!
Because too few stores allow the dogs inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87HF6EdBFZE

Old 09-09-2018, 06:42 AM

45,570 posts, read 60,845,911 times
My question is why do people insist on taking their dogs when they go shopping.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:50 AM

4,242 posts, read 951,238 times
I rarely see this anymore, I think because of increased awareness of and support for animal welfare.

Old 09-09-2018, 07:16 AM

1,022 posts, read 778,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
My question is why do people insist on taking their dogs when they go shopping.
Exactly

Old 09-09-2018, 07:32 AM

1,201 posts, read 808,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
This has blown my mind for so many years. People tie their dogs outside while they shop and leave them helpless too people who could do anything too them! I have seen many of them scared to death and many times they are assaulted or stolen.

It happened yet again here in Chicago a 3 legged dog was taken while tied outside of a Target store and taken by two kids on the subway. Luckily this one time the dog was returned to the owners but what is wrong with people! Why leave your dog defenseless like this and I see it every single day it makes no sense. I know the human animals is stupid and lazy but I mean come on what is the reason for this?
Because they can’t take them in? Because they are from Europe where it is the norm? While I wouldn’t do it in a large city, I’ve done it many times in my small town. I don’t even tie mine because he has a rock solid stay, even if people stop to pet him or other dogs pass. He is usually in my sight and I’m watching him although a few times in Germany I left him out front while grabbing groceries. In Germany, it isn’t unusual to find 4 or 5 dogs waiting outside the grocery market and many places like that actually have eye bolts in the wall every few feet for people to tie their dogs. There is now a company putting out a climate controlled kennel box for streets and sidewalks outside of businesses. It’s super cool and it hope we start seeing them everywhere because they are really needed. It works with an app and the dog is locked in and only the owner can open it (the business owner also has a key to manually override and open in the case of emergency or abandonment.

Old 09-09-2018, 07:35 AM

3,295 posts, read 2,377,468 times
Because o one wants to be shopping next to an animal. I can’t stand it when people bring their dog in a store or a mall. And a food store? Out of the question. I don’t care how “cute” little Fido is. No one else cares. Leave the dog home or stay home yourself.

Old 09-09-2018, 07:43 AM

1,201 posts, read 808,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87HF6EdBFZE
Because too few people have dogs trained like this. There are a LOT of bad owners that ruin it for all the good ones! In Germany, dogs are welcomed everywhere except food stores. I loved sitting at the bar of a pub enjoying a drink, dinner, and conversation with my dog sleeping under the stool! Dogs are in restaurants sleeping under tables, on subways and trams, in retail stores, and everywhere else but grocery stores. A bakery near my apartment had a sign that said no dogs but they always welcomed my dog in and made a fuss over how cute he was and giving him an extra dog biscuit. But dogs there are VERY different behavior wise than here. They don’t do “fur mommy” nonsense and dogs are expected to obey their masters and behave appropriately. They are almost all intact and probably the majority don’t wear leashes, even in the big cities like Frankfurt and Munich. You don’t have to worry about encountering dangerous breeds and despite being entire and off leash, I never once had a passing dog approach my dog or start barking and going nuts as we passed, even just a couple feet apart on a busy sidewalk! Dogs and dog owners here are the worst! They lie about their dogs (breeds, level of training, housebroken, etc.) and allow their dogs to be obnoxious, spoiled, out of control a—holes. If I had a dollar for every dog I’ve seen take a **** or dump inside a business here, I’d take a really nice vacation! I cannot blame businesses and landlords for not allowing pets.

Old 09-09-2018, 07:58 AM

9 posts, read 3,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Because o one wants to be shopping next to an animal. I can’t stand it when people bring their dog in a store or a mall. And a food store? Out of the question. I don’t care how “cute” little Fido is. No one else cares. Leave the dog home or stay home yourself.
You shop next to human animals all the time and they are the worst of the worst. They need to stay home so we do not have to deal with them. If human animals insist and shopping then leave the poor non-human animals at home where they are safe where human animals cannot harm them.

Old 09-09-2018, 12:04 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,492,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post

Sadly, the dog in that video is very stressed. You can tell by the way his tongue is hanging out and also by the way his tail is wagging (a wagging tail does not always indicate a happy dog). The dog looks like a very soft sweetie who has been jerked around (in private) on the pinch collar too many times and is worried abotu being pinched again. And there's no reason for that little girl to be trying to control him -- that video is all for show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs