Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 01:51 PM

12,787 posts, read 15,010,201 times

Advertisements

I LOVE dogs & can talk about them all day! I don't know why I'm not in this section of the board more. Anyway, I like more unique breeds you don't see everyday. I had a Boston Terrier & he was a fabulous dog: Great personality, never a barker for no reason, short, neat fur, perfect small to medium size, a nub for a tail so it stayed neat, & no grooming requirement!

My top ones:

- Boston Terrier
- French Bulldog - The breed I want next!
- Italian Greyhound
- Miniature Schnauzer
- Brussels Griffon
- Pug - very common but I like their look

From afar would probably be:

- Neopolitan Mastiff - drools a LOT
- Pekinese - moves too slowly
- Beagle - cute, but not unique-looking enough
- Chinese Crested - I'd want a dog with fur
- Golden Retriever - way too common
- Chiuhauha - too yappy, barky, hyper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 01:50 PM

6,883 posts, read 4,888,158 times
Bouvier Des Flanders. Smartest dog I ever had. Lots of breeds I like the looks of, but more likely than not, if I get a dog again it would be a Bouvier.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:04 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,125,377 times
My Favs:
Jack Russell (a.k.a. Parsons Russell) terriers, the comedians of the dog world.
Mini Fox Terriers (not toy - the mini is from Australia) bright and affectionate.
Bull Terriers : Their egg heads get me every time
Great Danes: Most of them are very laid back
And mutts, definitely mutts, the more the better!!

From afar:
Any breed that drools excessively

Old 10-25-2018, 04:20 PM

140 posts, read 142,940 times
Default English Setters

English setters are white with lemon, orange, liver, blue or chestnut spots. Beautiful dogs!

Best,
Reddog53

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Love all except pitbulls.

Saw a white dog at the vet that looked like a Irish setter....beautiful but didn't get to ask the owners about him...are there white Irish setters?

Old 10-25-2018, 04:28 PM

140 posts, read 142,940 times
Papillons

Old 10-25-2018, 05:13 PM

32,668 posts, read 48,116,742 times
APBT_Samara's favorite is probably the American Pit Bull Terrier.

Pit bull isn't my kind of dog l but I've known a couple of really wonderful ones at the dog shows. AKC American Staffordshire Terrier raised by people who have carefully bred for dozens of generations for excellent temperament and good health.

They aren't the same type of dog as the mystery pitbull pup given for free from a cardboard box in front of the grocery store.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:12 AM

9 posts, read 10,499 times
lhasa apso, german shepherd, pitbulls, corgi

Old 10-30-2018, 09:00 AM

1,201 posts, read 805,379 times
I love many breeds, it’s really hard to pick a favorite. I like all attractive, good-natured breeds (that rules out mastiffs, pugs, English Bulldogs, and pit bulls). I hate pit bulls for their appearance and what they do.

Old 10-30-2018, 09:34 AM

13,715 posts, read 12,456,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
APBT_Samara's favorite is probably the American Pit Bull Terrier.

Pit bull isn't my kind of dog l but I've known a couple of really wonderful ones at the dog shows. AKC American Staffordshire Terrier raised by people who have carefully bred for dozens of generations for excellent temperament and good health.

They aren't the same type of dog as the mystery pitbull pup given for free from a cardboard box in front of the grocery store.
I know they aren't...But my theory on them is that if you raise them from a puppy its easy enough to socialize them, whether you buy from a breeder or the ubiquitous Cardboard Box.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:41 AM

28,103 posts, read 29,997,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post
What is everyone's favorite breeds...
Well, I guess my favorite breeds must be the ones I've owned, so... Cocker Spaniels, Collies, Golden Retrievers, and currently a Keeshond-Pomeranian mix, and a Mini Australian Shepherd. My Mini-Aussie is definitely the smartest and most affectionate dog I've ever owned, but I absolutely adore my Keeshond-Pomeranian.

Quote:
...your favorites you admire from afar, wouldn't own but really like
Afghan Hounds take my breath away! I am positively spellbound watching them move and seeing their beautiful coats drifting in the air as they run. I'm far too lazy to be bothered with the amount of grooming they require, though, and I understand that they're extremely difficult to housebreak. It's not that they're unintelligent; they're just not people pleasers. Has anyone here ever owned one?

Last edited by Katzpur; 10-31-2018 at 09:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs