Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 08:47 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,111,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
So a person shouldnt walk their dog in North Carolina without a firearm? I agree they should not be left alone but 99.999999 times out of a hundred that's the only protection they need. Stay with them, and make sure they stay with you, and the odds of any trouble with wild canids is less than the danger of carrying the firearm.

Did I say anything about north Carolina ? I don't think I did .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 09:07 PM

5,719 posts, read 4,307,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Did I say anything about north Carolina ? I don't think I did .

We were discussing an incident that occurred in North Carolina.

Old 11-24-2018, 10:53 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,191,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
He was nose to nose with a Coyote with the fence separating them. They were perfectly still, silent, and just staring at each other. Who knows what would have happened if there were no fence.
This happened to Doxie (except he was barking his fool head off). I was close enough to the .22 and Gary the Coyote payed with a fatal shot through his neck. He hangs on the back of a chair now.

Some years later, Doxie was nearly snatched by a pair while out with me in the Jeep. I was inside and happened to glance in the mirror and saw them right behind me (Dox was up in front of the Jeep, digging for a mouse). I jumped out yelling and they took off, but Dox ran off chasing them. Was hell to get him to come back, and nearly trashed the Jeep in pursuit.

Another time, took 3 dogs out running. Dox sticks to the trail, but the two girls started running east and west. I was following Dox and happened to look back and saw the coyote going after the girls. Dixie (Mini-Dachshund) nearly got nabbed and bit on the ass by one. Very close to losing her that day. It literally scared the **** out of her. No fun cleaning that up!

Now, all dogs are harnessed together. Doxie keeps them in line. No one can get separated and taken. Seems to work pretty good and the dogs have figured out to work together to avoid getting stuck on rocks and bushes.

Fun video of them running together here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/155285423@N02/

That is Dixie on the hood of the Jeep with her trophy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs