Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 03:23 AM

155 posts, read 118,064 times

Advertisements

Nothing wrong with a backpack. Personally that’s not my thing. My small dogs have always been troopers. But.....I do have a just in case something happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 09:23 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,551,923 times
A friend of mine bought a snuggly designed for dogs (front backpack). It is designed so all four legs stick out forward, and the dog can look around. My friend was one to buy expensive fan-dangled gadgets for her Min-Pin and this was one of them. He was perfectly capable of walking on his own.

The dog looked very uncomfortable and the contraption looked simply ridiculous. I saw her with him in it a total of twice and then it probably ended up collecting dust in a box. A complete waste of money.

Old 12-16-2018, 08:50 PM

1,201 posts, read 805,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
Someone please explain this to me just saw a thing for a backpack with a hole in it so your dog can stick its head out so yeah you carry the dog inside it. Under the photos it reads "Here's a convenient dog carrier that instantly helps you carry your furry friend... without struggling to walk them on a leash" I can understand taking dogs who can no longer walk out in a wagon or something like this so they get some visual stimulation but what about a dog that can walk?

Isn't talking a dog that can walk on a walk about getting some exercise? Dogs that get regular walks are healthier and live longer ( same for us humans). If you take the time to train your dogs there is no Struggling with the leash. so why advertise something like this? I can even see some little dogs not being able to walk that far but I think that is often due to owners as I know little dogs that do go on very long walks. But why throw in the without struggling to walk them on leash bit as if they are unable to truly walk that far that is different then a Struggle with the leash. This whole thing makes me think it appeals to people that see dogs as fashion accessories.

Wake up these are dogs not fashion accessories and dogs need to walk as it even stimulates their guts and keeps them regular. I asked someone about these and she said Oh I have one as I use it to take my dog to the grocery store, had to bite my tongue as why you taking your dog to a grocery store? Dogs can survive being away from you unless you are teaching them they can not. If you have a dog with separation anxiety chances are you or another person have taught it to be that way. Which is sad. Dogs are not children and I feel all but true service dogs should not be allowed in stores.
That's because many, if not most, dog owners have lost all semblance of common sense. We are now in the "fur mommy"/"fur baby" twilight zone of stupidity. Anyone carrying a healthy dog around in a backpack or pushing in a stroller needs to be b*&*h-slapped into the land of the sane. Even Yorkies and Chihuahuas can walk several miles! There is just no excuse for constantly carrying them around. I will admit I once took my computer and other stuff out of my backpack and stuffed my dog down in it so I could go into Laduree for macarons! The line was snaked around and out the door; I really wanted macarons and I wasn't going to tie my dog on an NYC street! My dog was like "WTF?" but it solved my problem.

Most people now can't teach their dogs to walk on a leash and collar. I see leashes made out of freakin' ROPE with padded ski handles on them! Not to mention the plethora of gadgets to slap on a dog so you don't have to train them; nevermind what it does to their joints, gait, or back. And god forbid you actually use a simple collar on a dog!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs