Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 09:58 PM

14,267 posts, read 7,024,812 times

Advertisements

Pineapple question: Is this to make the poop taste bad? So it wouldn't work if your dog eats other dog's poop at the dog park or on walks?

Or is the dog getting the pineapple no longer interested in poop?

We have a couple of dogs at the dog park who eat poop. We call them Potty Mouth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 10:29 PM

19,749 posts, read 9,671,499 times
Had one dog that ate a poop every now and then but totally stopped after squirting the poop with one of those
sprays that was recommended.

Now we have a couple dogs that share some kind of joy shredding our bills and other paper goods when needed 😚. Naughty, aren't they?

Old 12-25-2018, 07:25 AM

48,716 posts, read 35,250,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Pineapple question: Is this to make the poop taste bad? So it wouldn't work if your dog eats other dog's poop at the dog park or on walks?

Or is the dog getting the pineapple no longer interested in poop?

We have a couple of dogs at the dog park who eat poop. We call them Potty Mouth

From what I've read it makes the poo of the pineapple eater taste bad.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-25-2018, 09:46 AM

18,951 posts, read 43,874,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
My dog, a cocker spaniel loves to shred tissues, kleenex, napkins, paper towels and he will even dump the trash in the bathrooms to get at a kleenex. He then takes them back to his bed, shreds them and eats them. The solution has been to make sure that none of these "goodies" are within his reach.
I have a Cocker Spaniel (Dexter) and a Boston Terrier (Tucker), Tucker is the destructive one that like to tear up the paper, and Dexter is the one that stands there and eats it. They work as a team.

Dexter also likes to eat Tucker’s poop. I think part of the reason is that Dexter has to eat low fat food because he’s prone to getting pancreatitis, and I think he can smell Tucker’s “better” food in his stool. I’ve tried the copraphagia treats and they worked initially, but he eventually went back to the habit. I may have to give that pineapple a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs