Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 08:35 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,529,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbondated View Post
Miniature Pinschers are my absolute favorite breed. Looking forward to adding a few more to our family in the future.

After Miniature Pinschers, all dogs are my favorites. Mutts or purebreds, large or small, shorthaired or fluffy...they are all wonderful.

Minature pinscher in pound volunteering for now a little red.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 08:38 PM

692 posts, read 3,856,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Love 'em all...right now there's 5 Rottweilers, a muttsky and a newly-acquired-because-my-sister-is-an-idiot Shih Tzu in my life. Love the strong, large breeds like the Rotties...love the carefree ways of the terrier mutt...and the Shih Tzu is a new thing, but so far he appears to be fabulous for sweeping the floor! Incidentally, all dogs are getting along beautifully. We had an initial 10 minutes of total chaos while we did intros, then the Shih Tzu slipped under the baby gate while I was lifting it and woo-hoo!!!! Off to the races! 15 minutes of butt sniffing ensued, a quick trip to the potty outside to do a little marking, and everyone collapsed in a happy heap. Not how I had it planned, but it worked anyway. Gotta love the Rotties, they'd let the devil himself in if I acted like it was okay...so we have the wee, the medium and the large, all living in harmony. God bless 'em all, and God bless me...I'm now the mom of 5 boys and 2 girls...oh lord...
Lol I didn't know you had a shih tzu..and for some reason thought you were a dad to all those fur kids. Glad to have that set straight in my mind!

My ALL TIME favorite breed has been the Great dane. Ever since I knew about the different breeds, I'd say 5 or so, I've wanted a dane. Just have to wait for the right time and the right match. I can see it now Teddie will live to be 25 yrs old and I'll never be able to get my gentle giant.

Next would be the English mastiff and then a "pit bull". I've always loved the giant dogs like the Great dane, English Mastiff, French Mastiff, Cane Corso..etc etc

Then again I do love the mutts. I'd take a giant mixes breed(s) over a pure breed anytime.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:23 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,560,349 times
pitbulls or staffie bull terriers and german shepards for me

Old 06-19-2008, 09:39 PM

899 posts, read 2,944,436 times
American cocker spaniels for my house..We have 2 little boys and a third one in cocker heaven laughing at these two clowns..She was blonde and a classy lady.
they keep us laughing.

Saw bumper sticker today that sums up how we all feel Dogs are for a lifetime,not a christmas present.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:03 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,175,243 times
1. German Shepherd
2. Belgian Malinois

Old 06-20-2008, 07:03 AM

960 posts, read 1,689,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamhunter65 View Post
Minature pinscher in pound volunteering for now a little red.
Thank you for helping rescue a MinPin.
Our black and tan was adopted from a kill shelter. We will never buy. Only shelter or rescue dogs for our family.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:46 AM

73 posts, read 365,853 times
I have pictures of the Bernese Mountain Dog taped on the wall above my desk for about the last three years. I am waiting until we move to a cooler climate to get one. I did the dog match test and it was one of the ones that came up as a good match. If anyone owns one and would like to dm me and tell me your experience, I would so appreciate it.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:48 AM

376 posts, read 1,810,344 times
Have had all types of big dogs most of my life some purebreeds some mutts, and now have a little Shih Tzu/Llhasa mix. Absolutely the best IMHO

Old 06-20-2008, 08:55 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,860,868 times
To the OP, when I take my large guys to the dog park, there is always a pug or two around, playing. They don't seem to know they are little dogs! And the ones I have seen have been fearless around the bigger dogs.

I like lab mixes, and like other posters, I won't buy anymore. I used to buy, had Weimaraner, Gt. Danes, and a GSD. But then I found a great mixed rescue by accidnet, and that was it for buying. I got educated to the problems of breeding mills.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,963 times
[FONT=Verdana]Samoyeds are my favs. I have two right now; they are from the Samoyed Rescue program. They are such sweet wonderful dogs. One of them has developed Diabetes and we are trying to get that under control. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I would recommend checking with any of the breeds rescue programs, just wonderful dogs looking for love. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs