Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you wipe down your dog after a walk/
Yes 15 17.44%
No 32 37.21%
Depends 39 45.35%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 02:43 PM

288 posts, read 918,520 times

Advertisements

Ynot, how big are your dogs? I'm lucky that mine are small....4 pounds and 11 pounds. I just carry them to the tub and use the hand-held shower head to clean them up. Three dogs....urgh...couldn't do it. Need one arm/hand per dog at all times. How do you do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 06:23 PM

561 posts, read 1,514,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICvegan View Post
Ynot, how big are your dogs? I'm lucky that mine are small....4 pounds and 11 pounds. I just carry them to the tub and use the hand-held shower head to clean them up. Three dogs....urgh...couldn't do it. Need one arm/hand per dog at all times. How do you do it?

Not big, all around 15-18 pounds. It's a routine around here, they know their pecking order in clean up rounds. Rainy days are even more fun! Just went to the Vet for yearly exams on Friday, and walked out with $436 less in the bruised wallet. Ouch! Pets ain't cheap!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:39 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,281,164 times
we wipe his feet if they are wet but wipe down?

Old 09-07-2008, 08:04 PM

315 posts, read 1,088,643 times
I wipe their feet if it's raining outside and wipe with baby wipes if they do a job in case a small chunk gets stuck in the fur. Otherwise their feet don't get dirty from going for a walk and they come through the yard to come in which is all grass.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:53 AM

265 posts, read 1,293,347 times
Towel 'em off, only when wet. 16 feets; 4 to a dog, as fondly remind them when they try and get away after 2 (I have 4 dogs now!!! And I love it!

Old 09-08-2008, 03:11 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,781,572 times
Wipe him down with a towel if it's raining. He's so good about it except he tends to forget he has back feet.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:30 AM

1 posts, read 4,960 times
My min pins, Alonzo and Patience, run straight to our bathroom and hop in the bathtub and wait to get their feet washed after morning and evening walks. I only wash their underbellies if it's wet outside. I used to think I had OCD but as soon as I see how much dirt and grime are washed away in the tub, I feel so validated. I have the pet wipes and treats set up right by our front door for quick potty breaks.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:32 AM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,124,457 times
I see this is an old thread but one I missed - and the answer is - Yes I do.

I have two Bostons and a Frenchie. If we walk thru the neighborhood, all feet get washed. You'd be surprised at how dirty their feet get out there. Plus, who wants that grime brought back into the house on carpets, furniture, etc.? Bums? Absolutely, no skids allowed here...LOL Actually, it's just one Boston who needs her booty wiped. Her short tail is held so closely to her body and the hair(s) sometimes retain a, well, you know what.

They all three get a body/face and feet wipedown before bed - mainy just to wash the day off them...pollens, yard/grass debris, eye boogies. They sleep with us and I like them to be nice and fresh.

I use an organic, 100% cotton, unscented baby wipe for faces and microfiber hand towels for bodies and feet.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:41 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,686,672 times
I wipe paws but not the butt unless there is something stuck which is rare. I chalk that up to having to endure my dad wiping our Boston Terrier when I was a little kid every time she went potty whether it was pee or poop. He was obsessed lol and all the kids in the neighborhood teased me about it since no one else seemed to do it. It was all in good fun though. Scary thing is he does this to his current Maltese and once again, everyone teases him in his neighborhood. Sometimes I think he does it for the attention lol. He pet sat for me last weekend and I had to ask if he wiped all of my dogs but thankfully he left them alone!

Old 02-24-2010, 09:54 AM

511 posts, read 2,200,795 times
I towel Riley Roo off if she's all muddy... sometimes the dogpark can be a real mud-pit. One day last month when we had a warm spell, the park was extra soggy. Roo's paws, legs and tummy got completely spattered from running. To make matters worse, she loves to "roll over" to entice me to throw the ball. So she was pretty much soaked from head to paw by the time we got home. I gated her in the back mud room while I ran to get a towel. When I came back to her, she had hopped over the gate and there she was- all 60lbs of her muddy messy self- laying right in the middle of my daughters bed
So now I keep a towel by both the front & back doors. And she loves the towel rub!! She makes all sorts of happy sounds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs