Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 05:57 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,036,557 times

Advertisements

It's all over. My collie Shane Patrick went to the Rainbow Bridge at 3 p.m. today. My son and his girlfriend arrived last night and we spent an evening spoiling him with treats and telling him how much he's meant to us.

I am SO GLAD that I decided to reduce the waiting and drama by taking him to the city animal services instead of the vet. It was quiet and the only folks there were the animal control officers and us. They were so kind and respectful to us and to Shane and he left this world surrounded by love and hugs. Plus, when it was over, we went through the building to the shelter area to visit the puppies and kitties and it eased our hearts to watch parents with their children picking out puppies to adopt and love.

I want to thank all of you for offering your kind words and encouragement. I felt your good wishes and thoughts with us as we did this final act of love and mercy for our faithful friend. Now, he's free from pain and I have absolutely no second thoughts or regrets, just sadness. Rest in peace, my sweet Shane!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 06:16 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,062,189 times
Default RIP Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
It's all over. My collie Shane Patrick went to the Rainbow Bridge at 3 p.m. today. My son and his girlfriend arrived last night and we spent an evening spoiling him with treats and telling him how much he's meant to us.

I am SO GLAD that I decided to reduce the waiting and drama by taking him to the city animal services instead of the vet. It was quiet and the only folks there were the animal control officers and us. They were so kind and respectful to us and to Shane and he left this world surrounded by love and hugs. Plus, when it was over, we went through the building to the shelter area to visit the puppies and kitties and it eased our hearts to watch parents with their children picking out puppies to adopt and love.

I want to thank all of you for offering your kind words and encouragement. I felt your good wishes and thoughts with us as we did this final act of love and mercy for our faithful friend. Now, he's free from pain and I have absolutely no second thoughts or regrets, just sadness. Rest in peace, my sweet Shane!
You went to see the puppies... how precious.

It makes m e think of the movie Steel Magnolias... bittersweet... life affirming.

Shane was very lucky to have you all as his human family.

God Bless You, Teatime!

Old 07-25-2008, 06:28 PM

485 posts, read 1,955,682 times
You did right.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:50 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,036,557 times
Thanks, y'all. I need to send a nice note to the animal services folks. Maybe a little gift of food or something, too, that they can all share. They were so kind and gentle with us and Shane and I really appreciate them. That must be a tough place to work day in and day out and I'll bet they're not thanked nearly enough.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:02 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,062,189 times
I'm sure you're right about them... a thankless job.

I know that I couldn't work there!

Old 07-25-2008, 07:29 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,198,343 times
You've been in my thoughts all week. So sorry that this day has come.

Your boy, Shane is sure to have met my Baci now. They are free of pain and suffering, and I look forward to seeing my girl and her new friends when I leave this earth.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:43 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,408,965 times
You were a great Mom. I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:51 PM

1,477 posts, read 7,918,786 times
Teatime, my condolences to you and your family.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:54 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,391,907 times
My condolences to you. Shane has now joined our family of Brandy, Missy, Prudence, Lucy, Reggie, Blade, Bosco, Ellizabeth, Grady, and Strudel. I am sure that they are all playing over the Rainbow Bridge.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:11 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,954,181 times
Our best wishes to you, your family, and Shane. I'm glad that the animal services were there at your time of need. Rest in Peace, Shane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs