Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 12:09 PM

255 posts, read 168,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
How do you find this cruel? A few hours in a cage won't harm him unless he has a heart attack, but it would sure cure him from going over the fence to aggravate the dog again. Nothing wrong with putting a bit of fear into him so that he learns the consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 04:03 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Uhh, guys... the OP is 10 years old. Pretty sure they've addressed the problem by now, and the poor cat might not even be alive anymore.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:35 PM

294 posts, read 219,497 times
I am aware of how old this thread is but will share my solution to this problem. I take in old/special needs animals, I currently have a fully declawed cat that showed up near death a few years ago. She had been homeless/feral in my neighborhood for a few years, she was stealing cat food from a neighbor who moved the food indoors and cut her off. I had chased her out of my yard a few times not knowing how emaciated she was because she has long hair that hid her low weight. One day she went in my garage and would not leave, she was looking for a place to die. She is out in my yard right now as I write this and I am always worried about her not having claws to defend herself. I have a large yard and my cats rarely leave it. Whenever a stray cat is in my yard I charge at it, throw golf balls and holler out loud and they jump over the fence as fast as they can. I only need to do this a couple times and they get the message and stay out. I don't care if my neighbors think I am nuts, my vet bills are already bad enough as it is. Make them think your yard is a dangerous place and they will stay out.

Old 11-18-2018, 06:28 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Uhh, guys... the OP is 10 years old. Pretty sure they've addressed the problem by now, and the poor cat might not even be alive anymore.

Well, that is one possible solution to a cat that invades your yard. You can wait for it to die from old age.

The world is dangerous for cats. People who really love their cats keep them safe indoors. If their cat gets loose and a neighbor takes it to the pound, a cat owner that loves his cat, checks at the pound if his cat doesn't come home.

Taking a nuisance cat to the pound is not taking the cat to its death. It might even be saving the cat's life, saving it from antifreeze, hit by car, death by coyote, or other of a multitude of deadly possible problems faced by a stray cat.

In my area, there isn't much problem with nuisance cats. If a cat is outdoors, it is only a few days before it gets a dinner invitation from a local coyote.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:10 PM

12 posts, read 8,342 times
You can tell your neighbor that it is bothering you. Your dog may feel stressed.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:14 AM

2 posts, read 1,012 times
I have the same problem.

Last edited by Isac882; 11-19-2018 at 09:27 AM..

Old 07-08-2019, 07:36 AM

1 posts, read 351 times
They're cats.....what's the big deal?! How can a cat cause you such misery? Cats don't wake you up at 2am barking their heads off, they dont leave human sized piles of poop to step in, they don't charge at you when you walk by....cats are usually scared of strangers....unless you feed them. If you don't like them just shoo them away with a garden hose and take a mild anxiety medication. It's not the end of the world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs