Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 03:17 AM

290 posts, read 637,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
Chip your dog today, enslavement tomorrow!
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u16/gregg1971/animated%20gifs/hu.gif (broken link)

Old 12-23-2008, 05:44 AM

549 posts, read 2,205,372 times
Quote:
I want my dog, and I don't big brother telling me what to do.. Why can't I have both. Having a micro chip placed in your dog doesn't make you a responsible pet owner, let's stop that non-sense right now!
You just don't get it...you ask for help and seem to be against anyone with whom you disagree with. Your mind is made up, and that seems to be based upon hearsay. I'll say it again, your issue doesn't seem to be with the micro-chipping as it is with the paranoia of big brother.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:26 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,776,111 times
Quote:
If I really hated my puppy (gave one to a loving home), why would I try to bring it back to the U.S. with me? More thinking, less typing.
Just reading what you wrote in your about me section dude. Whatever

Old 12-23-2008, 11:10 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,422,405 times
hmmmm..makes me wonder why someone WOULD NOT want their dog chipped. Not many good reasons not to do it...unless, someone was into stuff such as dog fights and don't want dogs traced back to them. I'm not pointing any fingers, just considering possibilities.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:21 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,294,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
Just reading what you wrote in your about me section dude. Whatever

It is a little odd how he wrote he hates his two dogs... some sort of joke?

Old 12-23-2008, 03:36 PM

591 posts, read 1,415,585 times
I'm sorry but I don't beleive that NOT micro chipping your dog means you are an irresponsible owner. I for one have never chipped my dogs and I have never lost any of my dogs either. Why..cause my dogs are never put in a position to be lost or stolen. This kills me how people will come on a forum and cry that their dog was stolen when it was left unattended in a back yard. Now give me a person that had their dog stolen out of their locked home when they were gone and I will give them my sympathy. I hate to agree with the OP for the simple fact that his attitude is very childish but unfortunately I have to agree on this one. I would not chip my own animal nor would I my child. But I will say this I do beleive this is all a personal preference issue. I don't beleive either should be bashed for what they feel is best.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:38 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,314,495 times
Quote:
So are you for microchipping your dog, Yea or Nay?
My dog is microchipped. I had it done for the specific reason that he is a Siberian Husky, a breed known for a high prey drive, a love of running, and a poor sense of recall. I wanted to ensure that in case he DID manage to get away from me somehow, his chances of being returned to me would be better. I love my dog -- why wouldn't I use every tool available to ensure that we could be reunited? I have moved 3 times since I had him chipped and I've updated my info with the Home Again company each time so that they have my current info.

I even had a dog tag made that says, "I'm microchipped - a vet or shelter can help me home."

I don't necessarily think that non-chippers are irresponsible dog owners. Do what you want with your dog. But I did what was right and responsible for me and my boy.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:52 PM

549 posts, read 2,205,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryLuvinWoman1 View Post
I'm sorry but I don't beleive that NOT micro chipping your dog means you are an irresponsible owner. I for one have never chipped my dogs and I have never lost any of my dogs either. Why..cause my dogs are never put in a position to be lost or stolen. This kills me how people will come on a forum and cry that their dog was stolen when it was left unattended in a back yard. Now give me a person that had their dog stolen out of their locked home when they were gone and I will give them my sympathy. I hate to agree with the OP for the simple fact that his attitude is very childish but unfortunately I have to agree on this one. I would not chip my own animal nor would I my child. But I will say this I do beleive this is all a personal preference issue. I don't beleive either should be bashed for what they feel is best.
They asked our opinion...that's how this all started...opinions asked, opinions given

Old 12-24-2008, 08:03 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,018,586 times
All my dogs (3) are micro-chipped! There is NO reason not to do that, it is safe and a sure way of finding your pet if it becomes lost. Licenses are required, which is just as much a Big Brother thing as a micro-chip...and if you are really all that paranoid about the chip, then have it done, bring your dog into the States and then have the stupid chip removed.

(Mark of the Beast??? I am laughing hysterically at that earlier comment.)

Old 12-24-2008, 12:03 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
If you adopt a dog from a shelter these days, chances are the dog will be micro-chipped when you take it home, just as it will be spayed or neutered. This is not optional if you want the animal.

I see nothing wrong with it - anything that will raise the possibility of reuniting adventurous animals with their owners is a very good thing.
(I have a Siberian Husky too)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs