Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 06:05 PM

568 posts, read 1,478,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlinaz View Post
So you would rather leave your dog abandoned in whatever country you are in rather than get it a tiny little microchip that really means nothing and does no harm?
No, I'll find her a loving home before I ever place a microchip in her!
I don't want Satan's beast for a dog. No microchip for me and no microchip for my puppy!

Old 12-24-2008, 06:07 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
hmmmm..makes me wonder why someone WOULD NOT want their dog chipped. Not many good reasons not to do it...unless, someone was into stuff such as dog fights and don't want dogs traced back to them. I'm not pointing any fingers, just considering possibilities.
Maybe this is one reason:

Quote:
Chip Implants Linked to Animal Tumors

"The transponders were the cause of the tumors," said Keith Johnson, a retired toxicologic pathologist, explaining in a phone interview the findings of a 1996 study he led at the Dow Chemical Co. in Midland, Mich.

Source: Chip Implants Linked to Animal Tumors - washingtonpost.com

Old 12-24-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm32206 View Post
You just don't get it...you ask for help and seem to be against anyone with whom you disagree with. Your mind is made up, and that seems to be based upon hearsay. I'll say it again, your issue doesn't seem to be with the micro-chipping as it is with the paranoia of big brother.

Why would they make it a requirement to microchip a puppy? Just because your dog has one doesn't mean he/she will be returned if lost.
My problem with the requirement and forcing me to do something I don't want to do.. There are other options besides micro-chipping!

Old 12-24-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
It is on my to do list this spring! The vet only charges $30.00 If my dogs ever get loose here they are doomed because people here ignore dogs running loose and who knows if they happen upon a private property someone people around here I would not doubt would shoot them. But if by chance a good samaritan were to help and they slipped their collar previously, they now have a chip so they can be traced back home to me. Makes sense to do it...why not? If you care about your pet yu would do it. The problem was and I do not know if it still is, is that there were different manufactures making different chips so each used a different scanner. And all vets do not have all the scanners. So your pet could have a chip but the scanner the vet has might not pick it up. I hope they fixed this problem.

With all of these problems, why even put one in your dog in the first place?

Again, because I disagree with microchipping my puppy doesn't make me a bad pet owner.

Old 12-24-2008, 06:33 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,662,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
With all of these problems, why even put one in your dog in the first place?

Again, because I disagree with microchipping my puppy doesn't make me a bad pet owner.
I do not get it! Never saw anyone react to microchipping like this, I think this thread OP has started is a joke. This thread should be closed!

Old 12-24-2008, 08:27 PM

75 posts, read 378,909 times
RIght now they (don't know which company) are working on a "LoJack" chip for dogs. A lady I train dogs with has a Lab that has one in it. The whole litter has them. Every week or so she gets an e-mail telling her where her dog was at such & such time. It's accurate within 100 yards. Not available to the public yet.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdog57 View Post
RIght now they (don't know which company) are working on a "LoJack" chip for dogs. A lady I train dogs with has a Lab that has one in it. The whole litter has them. Every week or so she gets an e-mail telling her where her dog was at such & such time. It's accurate within 100 yards. Not available to the public yet.

This is what I'm talking about, where does the madness end?

Old 12-24-2008, 09:21 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,005,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdog57 View Post

I might just wait until these become available before I chip my dog. I'm wondering if parents can request that their children get chipped with these as well.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
I might just wait until these become available before I chip my dog. I'm wondering if parents can request that their children get chipped with these as well.

You are a pawn for the new world order!

Old 12-24-2008, 10:23 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,005,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
You are a pawn for the new world order!
Oh get a grip. In this day and age with all that can happen to your dogs, cats and kids what would be so bad about knowing where they are? Think of all the kidnapped kids we could locate. Think of all the dogs and cats that the owners could find.

I don't have kids, don't want them either. I'm perfectly happy with my indoor only cats and dogs, but, if someone where to break a window or the glass door on the back porch and the animals got out, I would love a GPS chip in them so I could get them back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs