Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 08:53 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,689,193 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I posted before about this older lady down the street with a boxer(she says is a sweet angel) so tonight I take rocco out...in MY yard....to go pee...she's walking this 90+ lb dog on a retractable leash....Rocco is out at the end of the yard, I am 2 ft away...here she comes....snapping dog...I call Rocco, poor thing...mid-pee... to come closer...and he did...this other dog is frigging snapping and snarling the whole time. Rocco didn't even pay attention to him....and came when I called....*yay*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 09:38 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,175,635 times
Aww.. Poor Rocco, having to deal with all of that. He sounds like a very good boy though! I would hate to have a dog like that in my neighborhood! Well, actually, we have had to deal with something similar. We use to have these neighbors, that lived across the street from us who owned 2 very large (They had to be over 100lbs!) Lab/Shepherd mixes and an American Pit Bull Terrier (They said she was APBT, but she was much larger than an APBT. I think she was an American Bulldog, or maybe an APBT/AB mix?). The APBT was sweet enough, she never bothered anyone, she never even really left the yard. The owners just let the dogs basically roam free a lot of the time, by the way. However, the 2 Lab/Shepherd mixes weren't very nice. It use to scare me to walk our dogs or let them out to go potty, because even though we always had our dogs leashed, we had no idea when the neighbor dogs would come out as well. Anyway, long story short, on day, when DH and Brooklyn were walking up our driveway, coming home from a walk, one of those Lab/Shepherd mixes ran into our yard and attacked Brooklyn! Brooklyn wasn't seriously hurt, and the other dog wasn't hurt at all (Unfortunately, Brooklyn was on a leash, as he was suppose to be, and under my husband's control, as he was suppose to be. ). What really got to me was the fact that the owner, who was standing outside watching his dog attack my dog, first of all, took his sweet time coming to get his dog off of my dog! And then, after it was broken up, he didn't say sorry, my bad, anything! But, I guess that's just a careless, irresponsible owner for ya. I cannot stand people like that!

To me, it sounds like this lady is crazy! That doesn't sound like a "sweet angle" to me. She must be in denial. That's like what I was talking about in another post a few days ago, so many owners have this "my dog can do no wrong" attitude, and it kills me! People need to realize that their dog is not perfect, no dog is. And they are not a perfect owner, no one is. There is always going to be something that can be worked on and improved, and so many people just don't seem to want to work on anything. It sounds like this lady has a lot to work on with her dog, and if she doesn't open her eyes and do what needs to be done, there's most likely going to be some serious problems. That's sad for the dog, because it's not the dogs fault. He just got stuck with an irresponsible owner.

Anyway, I'm sorry you have such an irresponsible owner and aggressive dog living so close to you. All I can say is good luck, and stay safe!

Old 03-31-2009, 07:38 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,457,959 times
I'd get some pepper spray and a stick and spray the dog in the nose and eyes next time it happens. That'll teach them both.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:39 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,990,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I'd get some pepper spray and a stick and spray the dog in the nose and eyes next time it happens. That'll teach them both.
I'd spray the owner before the dog. How is it the dog's fault?

Old 04-01-2009, 03:34 AM

1,629 posts, read 3,478,822 times
That's too bad. All the boxers I've met are sweethearts, if a bit high energy. Definitely not a good choice for an older person, unless they are particularly strong and active.

I feel sorry for both dogs. In another life, they would have been buddies.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:16 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Default Older Lady with Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
Ok, so I posted before about this older lady down the street with a boxer(she says is a sweet angel) so tonight I take rocco out...in MY yard....to go pee...she's walking this 90+ lb dog on a retractable leash....Rocco is out at the end of the yard, I am 2 ft away...here she comes....snapping dog...I call Rocco, poor thing...mid-pee... to come closer...and he did...this other dog is frigging snapping and snarling the whole time. Rocco didn't even pay attention to him....and came when I called....*yay*
I didn't read your first post about your dog Rocco and this bully boxer from down the street, but I have to say...the vision I have of this 90 pound dog on a retractable leash made my heart pound..literally. What is wrong with this woman having such a strong and obviously nasty dog on a retractable leash??? Unless this leash is made of airline cable, this dog could get loose and someone is going to get hurt. We had a dog who was half pit and half black lab, older and she snapped one inch cable line, bent the connection right out of a 2X4 on our deck and took off dragging it. She was 8 years old!! Is there any chance you could talk with her about using something stronger for this bully? If not, it might be worthwhile to go out and purchase a stronger leash and leave it anonymously (sp??) on her steps with a note..."For your bully of a dog"... I would hate to see Rocco get hurt if this monster were to get loose.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:22 PM

This is the same woman who won't get a bird feeder but instead puts breadcrumbs and scraps on the tops of her trashcans that are in the alley....nevermind the signs posted all over NOT to do that because of the rats....which are the size of cats. She also calls Rocco "marley" in that annoying sing-song voice....and had the nerve to call him unsocialized!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:24 PM

My daughter has always has Boxers and they are generally great dogs. I know this poor guy doesn't get run or played with....so he's probably frustrated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs