Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 964 times

Advertisements

hi, my name is afsaneh ado ,this is my first time i'm going to travel with the dog and i have ticket from buffulo to the us what dacoment i need for my dog to crass the boarder. please help me thank you so very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 08:19 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,768,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afsaneh ado View Post
hi, my name is afsaneh ado ,this is my first time i'm going to travel with the dog and i have ticket from buffulo to the us what dacoment i need for my dog to crass the boarder. please help me thank you so very much.
creepy.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:46 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,016,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
creepy.
Especially seeing as buffulo (aka Buffalo) is already in the US?

I actually Googled "buffulo" to see if it was somewhere exotic that I'd never heard of. No such luck.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:40 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,421,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Especially seeing as buffulo (aka Buffalo) is already in the US?

I actually Googled "buffulo" to see if it was somewhere exotic that I'd never heard of. No such luck.
D...I think Artie hacked into your computer. He wants to go to Buffulo.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:05 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,016,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
D...I think Artie hacked into your computer. He wants to go to Buffulo.
He already eats plenty of bison.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:54 PM

48,113 posts, read 21,994,714 times
When I came back to USA thru Derby Line Vt. the boarder gaurd.....came out of a convenience store and was more interested in UFO's than in where I had been or why and what I was or was not bringing back with me. She was a real zany.....and if the security of the USA depended on her....we were in a heap of trouble.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:50 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,023,541 times
i went into Canada from the Spokane, WA area last summer..... flew into Spokane and my Canadian friend picked me up for the drive back to her house....

they wanted to know if i had any knives or guns that i was trying to bring in to their country......

Old 01-27-2013, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 625 times
what paper work is needed for my dog to cross into canada and back to the us Can dog food be transported across the border?

Old 01-27-2013, 12:56 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,009,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe romanczak View Post
what paper work is needed for my dog to cross into canada and back to the us Can dog food be transported across the border?
You need proof of rabies vaccination to enter Canada. In my experience, this is only asked for when it's a "slow day at customs" (i.e . about 3 times in 3 years going over the border at least 3 times a month), but better be safe than sorry.

The only time I've ever heard of an issue with dog food being transported was a couple of years ago, when there was an issue regarding some Chinese ingredients that may have caused illness in dogs. My boyfriend, who comes across the border with his dog, had a can of wet dog food confiscated by the American border guards during that time, as there was no proof of where the meat in the food came from. I think that now that issue has been solved with prominent certification as to the origin of the meat.

If your food is sealed, and the origin is clearly labelled, I don't think you'll have a problem.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:33 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,986,069 times
Old memories.

The last time I went to Canada, I was traveling with 5 identical looking black and tan German Shepherd Dogs. The poor customs agent kept shuffling through the rabies certificates, looking puzzled. Finally, he said, "But these are all the same".

I had to point out the line where it gave the dog's name, because other than that the certificates were identical.

Dog food across the border might be a big "No". Either check before you try it or only carry a small amount that you can afford to have seized.

Call the USDA APHIS veterinarian to get the latest rules for taking a dog into Canada and back into the USA. Don't guess. You don't want to take a chance of getting turned back at the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs