Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:05 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,122,327 times

Advertisements

I like two syllable people names for my pets....

Currently have....
LabX female Zoe
Boston female Zayda
Boston female Skylar
French Bulldog
male Wolfgang
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 07:20 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,789,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICN2U View Post
how about "Pita"....pain-in-the-asx.

or de-oh-gee....."d.o.g."
I had a teacher in elementary school with a dog named Dee-eaugee and a cat named Seeaytee. Then there was the duck guide from South Louisiana whose black lab was named Fideaux.

Growing up we had Brute, Victor, Lili, Pearl, Tia and now Rowdy. My wife had Tamale, Cheerio, Rascal and now Rowdy.

A guy I often hunt with has a yellow lab named Mister. Another guy I hunt with has a Dogue Argentina named Mittens (irony).

Old 04-15-2009, 07:34 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,433,741 times
We stick with car names....he gets the car, I get the pet! Over the years:
Chevy, Harley Shelby,Lightening,Vette, Enzo, etc...I always work in to at least the AKC or CFA name

Old 04-15-2009, 08:36 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,047,252 times
When I was a really small kid, I was terrified of dogs. I mean TERRIFIED. So what did my family do? They got me a dog. Akin to throwing a kid in the water to make it swim, I guess.

Anyway, his name was Dusty. Sadly, while out in the country, he got hit by a car and died.

But before he died, he fathered a litter. (Yeah, I know! Why wasn't he neutered???? It was different times then, I suppose...)

While Dusty was still alive, we took in the runt of the litter. Dusty was a mutt -- part beagle, part Shepherd, part who knows? -- and his "wife" was a cocker spaniel. The runt was a cute black dog that we named D.J. -- for Dusty Junior.

But D.J.'s name didn't last long. He had this funny little wiggle when he walked and my aunt would watch him, all the while saying "Woomp, woomp, woomp" to the sway of his butt.

Hence, D.J. became Woompie.

Woompie lived to a ripe old age (I was still a kid when he died) and was called Woompie until the end.

As for my current pal and baby Artie.... Well, I'm no longer a kid, and my husband FINALLY agreed that we could get a dog. Because he's not a dog person and because I wanted him to have some sort of attachment to OUR dog, I insisted that he choose his name.

When Artie came to us, his name was Niko. Neither of us much cared for that.

My husband suggested Jimi (Hendrix) and various other musician-inspired names. I was fine with any of them; he nixed them all even though he was the one who originally suggested them.

My baby boy became Artie because of Paul Shaffer's character in the movie "This Is Spinal Tap" -- Artie Fufkin. My husband chose the goofy name.

Artie Fufkin M***** -- apple of my eye.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:45 AM

156 posts, read 318,546 times
Ok this one is cheezy!!! But I had a friend that had a male Jack Russell Terrier. He named him Jack. He joked about getting a female so that he could name her Jill!

Old 04-15-2009, 10:33 AM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,122,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellimatt View Post
Ok this one is cheezy!!! But I had a friend that had a male Jack Russell Terrier. He named him Jack. He joked about getting a female so that he could name her Jill!
That's cute - and the very thing my daughter said to me when she was about 5 or 6 years old; that she was going to have two kids, a boy and a girl, named Jack and Jill! LOL

She now has three young children but none are named Jack and/or Jill.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:20 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,528,829 times
I have a few . All bloodhounds but 1.

Jasmine = KR JASMINE NORTHERN DREAMS
Stormy = KR QUIET STORM OF RIB MOUNTAIN
Thunder = KR ROLLING THUNDER (RESCUE)
Ginger (english setter) = RED RIVER GINGER (RESCUE)
Star = KR NORTHERN STAR
Ruby = KR RUBY RED SUNSET
Rip or Wrinkles = KR RIP VAN WRINKLES
Hunter= KR BOUNTY HUNTER
3 not named yet suppose should soon as was hoping be sold by now.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:57 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,442,125 times
My white/cream male pekingese is Caesar.
Last pekingese was Sasha.
Other dogs included dachshunds named Penny, Davy(called Squatty, guess why) and Bengie ( called Spongy because he absorbed so much attention.
My first dog was a pom/chi mix called Sugar.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:02 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
The breeder named our rough collie "Rio" b/c of the stripe across her butt. It seemed fine, so we kept it. 3 other people named their dogs Rio after they met our dog. *sigh*

Named our new smooth collie "Shiner." Always wanted to name a dog after my favorite beer. And the sable part of her coat is the color of frosty, fresh-poured beer.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:17 AM

426 posts, read 792,027 times
I got an English Springer Spaniel last year and named her Jovie. Growing up we had a Cocker spainel and named him Cody and an Irish Setter named Bo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs