Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:12 PM

15,680 posts, read 10,464,474 times

Advertisements

mrs1885, your photo is like that old Highlight Magazine game of Where's Waldo, except it is Where's mrs1885! Too funny!

The dogs, ours and fostered, all sleep on the floor in dog beds next to our bed. Love 'em all but prefer the hubby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 03:01 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,289,331 times
One of my BF has so many animals too.
2 Labs & a beagle mix along with 3 cats sleep on her bed...oh Hubby too...and get this...it's a full size bed. Very small. I don't know how they do it. They have 7 dogs, mostly labs. 3 indoor cats & 5 outdoor cats. 2 Sheep & 2 goats. Several geese, chickens and 12 ducks & 6 guineas.
I bit noisy at their house.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:08 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,970,019 times
Two dogs (one 15lb and one 40lb), DH, me, and two cats all sleep on a full size bed. It's a quite literal pile. But the big dog needs to be cuddled up with someone to sleep, one of the cats has severe seperation anxiety if I leave him, and the other dog and other cat just hop on to edge me off the bed. The dogs band together to steal the blanket from the middle, and the cats take our pillows.

The sacrifices we make...

Old 06-04-2009, 03:13 PM

5,244 posts, read 16,473,814 times
The female pit that we own and the lab foster both tend to sleep on me. As soon as I roll on my tummy one of them will sprawl half their body over mine. And hubby tends to find himself barely hanging off the side of the bed to accomodate the dogs!

Old 06-04-2009, 03:17 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,153,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunInHair View Post
Where does your dog sleep at night? Normally, our's sleeps where he wants to outside our closed bedroom door. Have never been one to allow the dog to sleep in the same room with us--snoring, gas, licking). But last night we allowed him into our bed (never thought I'd allow that!!) but he looked so sweet and happy lying there between us and hardly moved all night long.
I have 2 doggies the small one sleeps with me on the bed then either stays there all night long or goes to his own bed during the a.m. hours the older and bigger one sleeps on his own bed or in the living room under my table but if there is enough space on my bed where he is comfortable or when he is afraid he will climb up there and look for me

Gotta luv em.... Doggies are so cute

Old 06-04-2009, 03:32 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,146,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
11 dogs in this picture, all sleeping with me. I'm the red mop of hair in the back left side of the photo.

Can you find all 11?? This is a pretty common site in our house. And it was 3 in the morning. My husband thought it was hysterical. Yeh, real funny. *groan*
I adore that picture! We used to keep ours in their beds in the kitchen until our older chi got arthritis. In colder weather we'd let her in our bed. Well, the other one pitched a fit, so we let him sleep with our daughter. Those two are gone now, but our current trio of chi and chimix sleep with us, two girls with me, the boy with hubs. Gets a little warm in SoCal summer nights, but they spread out! I'm a sucker for puppy cuddles.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:46 AM

256 posts, read 454,022 times
My Emmy is a mobility service dog, so she sleeps next to my side of the bed in case I need to get up in the middle of the night. When I first get up, either first thing in the AM or some time at night, I'm wobbly and need her to help me balance. Just her head or side against my leg is all I need at those times. So she needs to be right there to keep me from falling down.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:21 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,554,126 times
Puppy sleeps in her crate until she's more reliable.

Older dog sleeps wherever she wants - she has the run of the house. Usually she'll start off in bed with me, but she'll eventually move to her bed in the hall right outside our bedroom.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:04 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,326,219 times
My old beagle Cleo, who has seniority, sleeps under the covers next to me by the wall when its cold. Its understood that that is HER space. When its really cold she plasters herself next to me. When its warm she sleeps where the fan blowing across the bed hits her nice and comfy. With the addition of Pammy, the new beagle, Cleo still sleeps there. Seniority has its priviledge.

Before Pammy the cat slept on me, usually my feet or knees. She'd slide down where she kept the covers from leaking air. She and Pammy are working it out sortof so they don't stay in the bedroom at the same time usually. Or she sits on the dresser and watches out the window.

Pammy got invited up on the bed a short while ago. She is about 16 inches high but dang those back legs have springs in them. She jumped OVER a pillow without touching it. She likes to plaster herself next to me. Its been kinda warm for that, but she looks so happy and contented I have been letting her. She also sprawls. Lays on the side and spreads it so she takes up the maximum space.

When she leaves the cat resumes her space. She also sleeps on the side of the bed where the fan hits her and keeps her cool. And she can hiss at the dog should pammy come to visit. MY BED, MY MOM!

I can't sleep without one of them being there. And when I forgot Baby Bear, my little teddy bear, on a trip it was really hard with none of my usual bed companions.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:36 PM

56 posts, read 176,791 times
Our Dogs are allowed to sleep where ever they choose. However never outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs