Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 05:48 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,429,742 times

Advertisements

Since I've taken in some 'extras' recently that I'd not planned on, thought it would be neat to see everyone's fosters. No rescues mentioned or anything like that, just a photo gallery of the amazing dogs that people can find in rescues, in general!

So, first the mom and baby pittie that were pulled for another rescue from the euth line and then the rescue bailed on them, so I was 'stuck' so to speak. Mom Liza and baby Randy.

Duval, a rat terrier rescued from an abusive home in Florida. We've worked with him to get him past his insecurity for 5 years now and he's still a big chicken.

Buffy (poodle) was dumped by a BYB when she couldn't make them money anymore. About 10-12 years old but full of life and so sweet. She likes sleeping at the foot of the bed, snuggling and gives 'hugs'.

Alvin a (possible) cattle dog mix was on the euth line in a shelter and another rescue asked if I could pull him for them. I did and I lined up a lady to board him until they could get a transport to Chicago for him. 10 days later the other rescue said they pulled 2 sick dogs and couldn't afford to take him now. So we wound up with him.

Cooper, a one year old black lab that I pulled from a high kill shelter at 8 weeks old. His 'breeder' didn't want black labs, only yellow and was going to drown him at birth. Someone convinced him to at least give him to a shelter to stand a chance, but the shelter was going to euth him 5 days late so I grabbed him.

Honey a Corgi Bassett mix was dumped in a neighborhood with her 5 puppies. The lady that took her had kennels set up for dogs that she was vetting and finding homes for but found out that the kennels sit on the neighbor's land. His kids are selling his house and told her if she didn't get rid of the dogs and kennels they'd bull doze them with the dogs in them, so she's in a mad rush to find them all homes.

Honey's son, KJ, 22 weeks old

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/HilltopAnimalRescueTeam/KJ.jpg (broken link)

From the same lady, Trixie

And Trixie's daughter Star

Lucky's 'mom' rented an apartment but wasn't allowed to have pets so Lucky had to go.

And our 'bonus' foster Nibbles a classic bobtail kitty. She was dumped at the local church. A girl that's on my daughter's bus picked her up and brought her on board but said she couldn't keep her, so my daughter of course said she'd bring her home. That apple didn't fall far from the tree, eh?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 05:54 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
So cute! Thanks to all who rescue and foster.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:12 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
WHOOPS LOL didn't realize this was just for dogs, but hopefully rescued cats are welcome too

Albert (as a baby) - my bocas street cat that I adopted. July 2005-October 2009

Sasha Anne - rescued from the Summit County Animal Shelter. She passed at 14 two years ago

Goldie Anne - my adopted street cat who hangs out at my office in Boquete and is our office mascot. This picture was taken right after she made herself at home so to speak lol now she's filled out (being fed) and very sassy. Even knows office hours, eats then sleeps until it's time to close the office. She does have a 'pseudo family' 2 doors down, but they have a ton of animals and don't give her the love (and food we do)

Misty Rose - who I adopted from my neighbors, was sleeping outside, had fleas and my Albert who I just lost at 3 years old was in love with her mama. Wasn't rescued in true sense of the word, but now she's sleeping inside, getting high quality food, baby revolution so no more fleas and a ton of love from her new mama.

Last edited by JustJoy; 11-03-2009 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 11-04-2009, 03:45 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,424,269 times
Kudos and big [[[HUGS]]] to those who rescue and foster.
And to Mrs1885 - there is definitely a special place in heaven for you......

Old 11-04-2009, 05:01 AM

298 posts, read 998,603 times
These fosters are precious and I can't believe the things people will do to get rid of their animals. So cruel.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:36 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,429,742 times
Quote:
And to Mrs1885 - there is definitely a special place in heaven for you......
There'd better be critters there or I don't wanna go! LOL

Seriously I love what I do. It was my calling. I didn't choose it, it chose me!

Come on guys - I know I'm not the only rescue on this board. I want to see what everyone else has up for adoption right now.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:52 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times
i don't have a rescue but i volunteer at a rescue near my house. i'll try to get some pictures. there are a zillion cats and 8 dogs. the dogs are basically all unadoptable for one reason or another (so are most of the cats). they are:

lexi - funny little fat dog - probably a dachsund/beagle mix.
sparkle - i'm not sure what her breeds are but she's my favorite - really sweet smallish (35 lbs?) black dog.
bobby bear - he's around sparkle's size but he's a fluffball.
sonny - lovely red & white pit mix. he is a such a cuddlebunny.
lady - sheltie mix, pretty high energy but very sweet.
smoky - some kind of husky mix i think, nice but snaps when you have food in your hand.
romy - big giant hound mix, probably the most sociable of the bunch, loves to play fetch & tug and cuddle.
tasha - i'm not sure what she is, she looks sort of purebred/inbred. she has fluffy varicolored fur, mostly white, kind of buggy eyes, one blue, one brown. she's one of those dogs who goes through every trick they know when they want something from you. total sweetie.
princess - for some reason i always call her my lil jackal. she is small, has markings sort of like a german shepherd, and has gigantic ears. she is a wild girl and can jump to amazing heights, but is a total doll when she calms down.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:58 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,029,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
WHOOPS LOL didn't realize this was just for dogs, but hopefully rescued cats are welcome too

Albert (as a baby) - my bocas street cat that I adopted. July 2005-October 2009

Sasha Anne - rescued from the Summit County Animal Shelter. She passed at 14 two years ago

Goldie Anne - my adopted street cat who hangs out at my office in Boquete and is our office mascot. This picture was taken right after she made herself at home so to speak lol now she's filled out (being fed) and very sassy. Even knows office hours, eats then sleeps until it's time to close the office. She does have a 'pseudo family' 2 doors down, but they have a ton of animals and don't give her the love (and food we do)

Misty Rose - who I adopted from my neighbors, was sleeping outside, had fleas and my Albert who I just lost at 3 years old was in love with her mama. Wasn't rescued in true sense of the word, but now she's sleeping inside, getting high quality food, baby revolution so no more fleas and a ton of love from her new mama.

a rescue is a rescue.... doesn't matter the species......

and those are some REALLY content lookin' little kitties.....

Old 11-04-2009, 10:02 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Please tell me more about this dog.

She looks so sad!

How old is she?

What type of dog is she? (Looks like beagle-something.)

Is she housebroken? (How do you know since she's in a straw cage?)

What's her personality like?

I don't know why, but I want to learn more about her!

Old 11-04-2009, 10:52 AM

3,748 posts, read 12,405,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Since I've taken in some 'extras' recently that I'd not planned on, thought it would be neat to see everyone's fosters. No rescues mentioned or anything like that, just a photo gallery of the amazing dogs that people can find in rescues, in general!
Your pack is a bunch of beautiful babies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs