Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 04:23 PM

1,688 posts, read 8,147,585 times

Advertisements

I have Pharmaseb (made by Animal Pharmaceuticals) at the mo, but the first one (the one you had to leave on for 25 minutes) was, I'm pretty sure, made by Virbac, but the name escapes me.

ResiZOLE, by Virbac, is the leave-on lotion.

Your vet may carry or stock a different brand/manufacturer but these are what I've got at the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 06:31 PM

3 posts, read 92,863 times
I've done some research and think she has Seasonal Flank Alopecia. I looked at pictures on google, and they look exactly like what emma has. and the symptoms are the same too. We might mention it to the Vet and see what they say.

I registered on the Bulldog website....just waiting to be approved to make postings. Thanks, i believe the site will be VERY useful.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:49 PM

13 posts, read 50,583 times
HSM, thank you for posting!
Emma is so cute! My 2 year old bullie whopper has the same thing! i just took him to the vet and spent almost $300 on thyroid test, and some skin test, she also said it might be ring worm.. after what happened with SPCA in Toronto with the euthenization of 99 dogs affected with ring worm, it scared me.

Whopper is on a grain free diet, his food has no fillers, he eats Taste of the Wild (salmon/fish). I put him on this food about 3 months ago, he was on royal canin bulldog before. I thought it may be an allergie?
Let me know what you find, i will be getting whopper's test results in a couple of days, i will post when i get them!

HSM, i've done the same research and those pictures look exactly like what whopper has with Seasonal Flank Alopecia. I'd really appreciate that bulldog website if you can post that as well.

Thanks everyone for their useful responses!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:28 AM

2 posts, read 24,314 times
Hi all! HSM, I have read through the posts and have a similiar issue regarding skin and soars on feet of our Englist Bulldog Tyson. He looks identical to your Emma actually. The soars on her feet are caused by moisture mainly (not saying it couldn't be diet or and underlying allergy). Tyson gets the soars between his toes on his right foot, but we notice it more when he has either been boarded for a length of time or has been outside and running around in water. We treat with dabbing proxide on a q tip and dabbing it on the spot, then we take a needle and prick the spot so that the fluid will drain off of it. After we do this we normally put neosporine on it to help heal. As for the dark skin we have never had that happen. But we do have skin irriatations where he will loose his fur. We found it to be a underlying skin infection - he was treated with pretizone and keflex. It took us a year of changing food and other things to get to this point. I won't say the type of food you ar feeding it bad because we have had it come home with all of our pets when they were babies (I have a Sharpei (see post for sharpei fever/hock joint infection), our bully and a boston terrier). Speak to your vet and whatever food works for you guys and doesn't upset your babies tummy is what I would go with. If she is getting the nutrients from it that she needs then I say its doing its job :-)

Old 07-06-2010, 11:29 AM

13 posts, read 50,583 times
Update:
I got the results back from the vet, Whopper doesn't have ring worm or thyroids *phew*.. but they said he had a lot of yeast on his body.. so i've been bathing him twice a week with medicated shampoo, and we switched his food back to royal canin bulldog.. i also took some advice someone gave me to put him outside in the sun for 20 mins a day (if it was seasonal flank alopeica which is suggested to be from lack of sun).. whopper loves sitting out and baking in the sun anyways =)

He's doing much better now! the hair seems to be growing back as well!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:33 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Good news. Thanks for the update

Old 08-23-2010, 09:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,707 times
Hi,

I have the same problem with my EB. He has a terrible paw rash and one of his toes is very inflammed. The vet rx GlenHaven medicated shampoo & wipes and I think this is what has made it worse. Could he be allergic to the medicated shampoo.

I also feed my EB eukanuba!

I dont trust my vet now!

Please help,
Roe

Old 01-18-2011, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,578 times
Default bulldogs

I also have an eb that looks just like yours. Ive had some of the same problems with blisters between paws and redness between the pads yeast in ear and tailpocket and black skin on back with some hair loss. Ive been through it also and ive been through many different foods to help and then i realized that yeast was the problem. With yeast you have to stay away from certain things. Potatoes in the totw may have contributed to the yeast problems. White rice, potatoes, tapioca, sugar, Wheat, flours and such can inflame a yeast problem. There is a site called [URL="http://www.nzymes.com"]www.nzymes.com[/URL] that has some good information as to yeast problems in dogs. It recomends some foods to eat and such. I dont give my bully the products they sell but i do have her on Halo dog food and she seems to be doing much better. You also have to cut out people food and watch what is in their canned food and treats. I have mine on wellness 95 percent canned foods and 100 percent beef and chicken treats. Its a slow process and does not clear up over night. You see some progress right away and some over time. Also i came across a food called Nutrisca by dogwellness. Its grain and potato free and is a 5 star food according to the ratings and i see nothing in there that would cause yeast to grow. Good luck to all bully owners it has its challenges but oh the rewards you get from your bully make it all worth while.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:03 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,862,283 times
get them off the eukanuba first! you could see a huge change pretty quick just from the diet change.
eukanuba is nicknamed "puke-a-nuba" around here, its nothing but byproducts and fillers.

obviously this thread is an old one. hope the op found her answers

Old 10-03-2011, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,285 times
Default Comment about the Dogfoodanalisys site

MAK802,
I went to that site and looked around... I really want to contact the person that is reviewing these foods as they have listed Science Diet - Nature's Best with the wrong ingredient list. It has NO maize & no by-products... Here is a link to it: [url=http://www.hillspet.com/natures-best/canine-check-the-label.html]Natural Dog Food Ingredients - Nature's Best Label[/url]

Thank you so very much for listing the dogfoodanalysis site. I am a certified Veterinary Nutritional Advocate, so I am forever looking at ingredient labels.

I was permanently injured 3 years ago so can no longer work, however I have someone assist me in turning over bags of feeds that I have not seen before so that I can analyze the ingredients, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs