Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 03:13 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,452,289 times

Advertisements

I have no Idea what is planned for the Central Entrance rezoning site. Isnt that just a huge hill behind Minnesota Sewing? I couldnt imagine a developer trying to build there. But if they are asking for a zone change something must be planned. I am really curious to what it is. Thanks for letting us know aluminumpork.

That would be awesome if Burning Tree was updated. I wonder if they would update any of their buildings? It greatly is in need for a remodel. But even a new parking configuration, adding landscaping, changing property entrances and building or relocating signs would do a lot for the site. I wonder if the new entrance is dealing at all with the entrance MN Dot put in. Once the old entrance is in operation MN Dot will change the temp entrance into a permanent entrance to Burning Tree. Burning Tree Plaza really needs to update their logo for the center, all their signs and also all the lighting on the buildings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 06:47 PM

781 posts, read 2,629,205 times
I can't imagine somebody building on that hill, but I could imagine something being torn down on Central and the developer having the change the entire lot's zoning.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:28 AM

781 posts, read 2,629,205 times
So, the company I work for is looking to re-locate to Duluth (yay) and is looking for good quality (but decently priced) office space. The office must support 7 employees at move in, but we're looking to expand. We're interested in buying a building or renting, whichever works best for the property. Although I would love to locate the office downtown, the powers that be would rather not (for parking reasons).

Anybody know of anything good out there?

Old 10-25-2008, 08:20 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,452,289 times
Does anyone have any news on Target? I just went to the new S2009 prototype and really liked it. I am still curious if Duluth is going to do a remodel on their location. The new stores make so much more sense then the current stores.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:21 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
I'm new to this thread, but my guess would be that Duluth is attracting business to its city.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:00 PM

47 posts, read 150,545 times
The news of Target is that the exterior is just getting new landscaping, but the interior will be changing a lot. The Market Pantry will be adding more coolers/freezers and the photo lab will be relocated toward the front entrance. Also, the electronics area and seasonal areas will be swapped, so electronics will be in the back of the store.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:48 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,314,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyd View Post
The news of Target is that the exterior is just getting new landscaping, but the interior will be changing a lot. The Market Pantry will be adding more coolers/freezers and the photo lab will be relocated toward the front entrance. Also, the electronics area and seasonal areas will be swapped, so electronics will be in the back of the store.
That sounds like the new one they opened near our house-which is really more like the original model of store from WAY back when, except with the grocery store added on.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:29 AM

72 posts, read 177,723 times
drove by BragGameRights yesterday and saw a new Jenny Craig store right below them.....did anyone know that was coming? Wish they made better use of that space than with something like that though

Old 10-27-2008, 12:30 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,352,029 times
I knew that was coming.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:47 PM

72 posts, read 177,723 times
It appears construction on the central entrance hotel by cubs may be starting soon, they are there today chopping down all the trees
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth