Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2008, 08:33 AM

781 posts, read 2,629,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
Btw the old First Photo building on Central Entrance is pending.
Pending, as is pending for sale? Do we know who the buyer is? I hope they get rid of the old building. It's be nice to have something there of size, and possibly closer to the road. It would also be nice if they raised that area so it's more level with the road. It's in kind of a hole right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 03:58 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,452,850 times
As in Sale Pending. I really would like that whole site to be razed and rebuilt a new. It would be nice if they could get the pet groomer building too. Maybe build a strip center where the Pet Groomer could locate in.

Also on the corner of Arrowhead and Haines road, the 45 acres of land Holappa owns, had new been named "Arrowhead Crossing" and is going to be a business park. On the corner there also is 13+ acres of retail land for sale. On Haines road, I would think that land would go soon.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:42 PM

987 posts, read 3,820,192 times
Well I know Frost River has closed. Went down there yesterday and they were renovating the space for some future tenant. Too bad, they were the only folks in the entire USA making classic bicycle bags.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:51 PM

Wow Walgreens is trying again for Kenwood! Good for them! I really hope they are able to build there this time around. It would make so much sense for a Walgreen's to be located in Kenwood.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:13 AM

31 posts, read 88,540 times
I just found out that Jan 1(hopefully) there will be a piano bar/martini lounge on the street level of greysolon plaza. And blackwoods is doing a great job of bringing the ballroom back to the amazing place it once was.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:10 AM

So, I've been doing some digging and have been able to find a few interesting things.

So, up first is the Armory Arts and Music Center. I had a made another post a little while ago wondering if anyone had any news on the project. It may very well be dead, but I came up with some plans that were posted in early October of this year. It appears to be in the design stage still, but the fact that the plans were so recently put online makes me wonder.

Here are some plan images representing the current floor and site plans. Pretty interesting stuff.

Proposed Road Changes
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4...sedroadiw5.jpg

Lower Level Plan
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: lowerlevelplanku1.jpg

First Floor Plan
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2...oorplanoq0.jpg

Intermediate Floor Plan
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2...oorplandc6.jpg

Second Floor Plan
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1...oorplanfk1.jpg

Third Floor Plan
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7...oorplanvr8.jpg

Site Plan
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3029/siteeg3.jpg

I found it particularly interesting that they want to disconnect 13th Ave from London Rd so they can expand a patio area out in that direction. I don't really see why not, I suppose.

Secondly, the proposed "Central Heights Office Building" has not completely disappeared after all. A design proposal/bid (whatever you want to call it) was created just this month on the 5th. No other news on that, other than it still seems to be something that somebody wants to do.

Another little tidbit, and I'm not even sure where this store is located (is it the one in the Mall?), but a Visionmart #82 started accepting construction bids for a remodel on the 18th and the remodeling is due to start in January.

ALSO, a bit on the Mariott Hotel/Restaurant project, evidently "official" construction is not estimated to start until June of 2009. Apparently they're still in the design stage.

@DSCBully: That's great news! The Greysolon Plaza is such a classy building, it'd be great to start using the rest of the prime street level space for something like that.

Last edited by aluminumpork; 11-21-2008 at 02:26 AM..

Old 11-21-2008, 10:05 PM

Wow thats great to see about the Amory! I forgot that it was all music devoted.

I really am curious to see what will happen with the Central Heights office building. I really would be interested to see what offices would locate in there. It was a nice looking building though and it would do some good for the area. I hope it still is a go.

Darn I wish they would start construction on Residence Inn sooner. I still want to know if they got a restaurant to sign on. Design stage? I thought it was all designed months ago. Well if they are still designing atleast that means we will get the most current prototype.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:36 AM

432 posts, read 1,121,161 times
Does anyone know if Dress Barn will open a store in Duluth? The reason I ask is that they are part of Maurices which is headquartered in Duluth. I am also wondering if the VISI data center is still in the works or is it dead.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:47 AM

I myself dont think Dress Barn will open a location in Duluth, Superior or Cloquet, because Maurices has always been based up here and I feel most people would stay more loyal to Maurices then Dress Barn. Not too many people were happy when Dress Barn bought Maurices.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateduluthnative View Post
I am also wondering if the VISI data center is still in the works or is it dead.
According to APEX, the project is still in the works, but progressing at a slower pace than expected. This is mainly due to troubles negotiating with the planned anchor tenant (SMDC). If the SMDC negotiations fall through, then I could actually see the whole project flopping. *crosses fingers*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth