Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 10:19 AM

3 posts, read 7,232 times

Advertisements

Has anyone noticed the "Clyde Park of Duluth" development? I tried to post a link to their website but my post was deleted because "real estate ads are not allowed". Am I not supposed to link to developer's websites?

Last edited by ttwizzo; 11-24-2008 at 10:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 10:35 AM

781 posts, read 2,627,727 times
That's odd that your post was deleted. But yeah, there was another thread while ago talking about the development. Sounds like it's going to move forward. I think it's a great start in the rejuvenating that area, especially if the Children's Museum is able to successfully move (as is planned).

Here's the thread where we discussed the project: //www.city-data.com/forum/minne...minnesota.html

Old 11-24-2008, 03:09 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,449,830 times
Wow I was just looking at DQ Grill and Chills and its sad that areas like Canton Illinois have a bigger DQ Grill and Chill then us and they only have a population, not just the city, but area, of 17,000. Now I would think an area with 250,000 people would have a bigger one. I actually know for a fact that the shear smallness of the DQ Grill and Chill in Hermantown actually turns people away from it because it gets too busy and there are not enough seats.

The building on Central Entrance that in the process of being sold did not sell. I believe the deal fell through.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:59 PM

Did anyone else know about the Bemidji Event Center? Im a little depressed now seeing the plans for this and then seeing the plans for the DECC Arena... I almost wish the DECC arena had the exterior of the Bemidji Event Center but the DECC still kept its size. Oh well I will be extremely happy with the DECC anyway. I laughed though when I saw the rendering of the building and on the side of the building there was a sign for Varekai by Cirque Du Soleil... sorry Bemidji but I doubt you will ever get Cirque Du Soleil. Plus the Bemidji Event Center also has a huge LED Screen on the side of their building. This really shocks me. This Arena just seemed to pop out of no where. Its really nice. Take a look and let me know what you think. Bemidji Regional Events Center - Overview

Old 11-25-2008, 06:39 PM

That looks really nice! I'm happy Bemidji is getting something like this. Those renders are great too!

Old 11-25-2008, 08:45 PM

Its a gorgeous building. I love it. I am sure Duluths will be different than what is online, renderings almost never stay the same as the building. Only in a few cases are the buildings totally like the rendering. Take for example the DECC Arena has had three different renderings of the building, each one totally different.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:14 PM

I know this isnt related to the topic of this thread... but did anyone see that in the 350 million dollars the city is asking for there was money set aside for rail lines, like light rails, in both the west and east end? Does anyone know anything about this?

Old 11-30-2008, 08:49 PM

243 posts, read 594,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
I know this isnt related to the topic of this thread... but did anyone see that in the 350 million dollars the city is asking for there was money set aside for rail lines, like light rails, in both the west and east end? Does anyone know anything about this?
That is so interesting - I actually think I read that and didn't even put two and two together. I think it would be fantastic! I would assume they could use the same lines that are there now, right?

Also, it's just a rumor - and I don't know how substantiated it is - but I heard from a friend that Culver's was going to put a restaurant in front of Menards new store in Hermantown. Anyone else heard something to this effect?

Old 12-01-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtrips View Post
Also, it's just a rumor - and I don't know how substantiated it is - but I heard from a friend that Culver's was going to put a restaurant in front of Menards new store in Hermantown. Anyone else heard something to this effect?
That's a definite possibility. It's either there, or on Duluth hill (in front of Home Depot) next to the planned Texas Roadhouse. The only confirmed construction plan is for Texas Roadhouse in that location, whereas Culvers was only rumored. I'd have no problem with either location.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:27 PM

I have heard both rumors. But I am thinking the Duluth Hill one is more realistic. Not that the Menards site isnt perfect for Culvers. But Culvers wanted to be as close as they could be to the mall without being in it. I will see if I can find some info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth