Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2008, 10:38 AM

571 posts, read 2,530,271 times

Advertisements

I didn't read this whole thread, but has anyone heard any rumors of a CHIPOTLE coming to Duluth? I lived out in Colorado when they really started expanding and I'm a total addict. St. Cloud has one, why not Duluth??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 02:04 PM

101 posts, read 271,504 times
The $50,000 per household income is not what I was talking about that is different than the per capita income which is only around $23,000 for Duluth. But we do definitely draw from a large area and you would think Duluth could get bigger names up here, but some retailers look only at the numbers and don't take into account there is no other major retail area within 150 miles.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:05 PM

Sorry, no Chipotle as of right now.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:06 PM

31 posts, read 88,520 times
Default Super Target in Duluth

I talked to someone who works for target recently, he said that they would love a super target but they can't expand the store they have now. They dont have enough parking spaces for the size of the store.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:38 PM

Default Burning Tree Plaza

Did anyone read that article in the Business North today about the Burning Tree Plaza? It says that the owners are having some financials woes and could be forced to liquidate it's holdings. You would think someone would want to buy it. But, this is another area that really needs an update. I would love to see an updated TJMaxx Home store.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:40 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,452,289 times
Wow there is a lot more threads since I last read. About Chipotle, I talked to them a few weeks ago and they have no plans for a few years, but this may not be true. I know of a few spaces in Duluth that are being developed that Chipotle will look at for sure. Only time can tell but I do suspect there is a very good change we will see one here by atleast 2011. If St. Cloud has one it means Duluth isnt very far off. About the Super Target. I know someone who works there and they suggested rebuilding the store as two levels and creating it a Super Target. The target committee for Duluth said no. Target does so great here I dont understand why they dont try to open another here atleast and hopefully a Super Target. I know there were talks many times for a Super Target to be built down on Garfield Avenue but I dont think anything developed. CrystalIce I did read that article about Burning Tree Plaza. I would really like to see a T.J. Maxx Home here and also a remodeled Burning Tree. I think the outside and inside hallway could be dramatically remodeled. If the center also got some new tenants and had a nice interior I think it would be much more successful. Also has anyone heard of any tenants besides Nevada Bobs Golf going into the Maple Ridge Center being developed across from Burning Tree? Also does anyone have any news on the Hermantown Centre that is suppose to be developed down the road from Sam Club? Does anyone have any news on Duluth Hill across from Home Depot of the Ren. Project downtown?

Old 03-13-2008, 05:31 PM

432 posts, read 1,120,913 times
Has anyone heard any news about Cabelas? I read about them scouting locations in the
Duluth or Cloquet area a couple of years ago but I haven't heard anything recently. Also, Duluthians, don't feel bad about not having some of your favorite stores or restaurants. My favorite pizza place, Sammy's has locations in nearly every Duluth
neighborhood, but only one here in the entire Twin Cities!

Old 03-13-2008, 08:22 PM

I have not heard anything about Cabelas since the last article about them choosing between five sites last year. I think they decided not to build anything up here.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:43 AM

Has anyone heard anything about when the Residence Inn by Marriott will start construction? Also does anyone know if a restaurant will still be included?

Old 03-15-2008, 06:15 PM

432 posts, read 1,120,913 times
Can anyone tell me who is in charge of leasing at Stone Ridge Shopping Center? I heard that a new space was going to be built in the parking lot, but nothing as of late. That would be another good spot for a restaurant. Has anyone heard what is going in that new strip mall and addition to the Cellular One building, both across from Burning Tree Plaza?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth