Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 03:14 AM

1,013 posts, read 910,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
Exactly. We have politicians and clueless voters who lead everyone into misery.

Encouraging people to have kids when they can't afford it is a way of damaging their futures and increasing unnecessary burdens on the society. It's not welfare. It's the opposite. It's the destruction of welfare. These idiots are clueless about things.
they never wonder where the tax money comes from.
sure as heck not from them.
nor is it from the rich people they think they are taxing.
but really are not because rich can have off shore accounts.

Whom they are really taxing are the middle class then.

next up everyone becomes poor as taxes for middle class approach 90%.
rich people pay 15%
and welfare queen baby birthers pay -200% in taxes yes they would get 2-3x the tax write off income for just having babies

They already consume many times more than their fair share already.
YET THEY STILL COMPLAIN...

HEY SO WHERE IS MY fair share then hmm?
Just because I am responsible doesn't mean you can rape me thanks.
I can just as easily act irresponsibly and pimp out and seed many then run away if they wanted us to.
then at that point we would all be poor.

I am getting more annoyed with these idiotic types of people like the topic creator,
now that they demand us to be slaves.

if we are going to be poor anyway we may as well have fun and screw around and all be dirt poor instead.
Why be responsible, since it makes no sense at that point.

note the conversation:
I know,
Hello (to single women), lets all have babies we would all be filthy rich.
Besides sex is enjoyable right? lets have fun doing this. It''s work after all so put your back into it.

I'll try my best to make all you women pregnant so we can all be rich.
every year lets aim to produce 1 baby until you run out of eggs.

Yep that's how it will go if we follow what the topic creator says.
IMMORAL attitude and bad for society in general as no one would work except to make babies, they would all be F*** all day long. Maybe that's a good thing right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 10:46 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,832,525 times
A lot of butt-hurt parents on here.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:05 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,342,061 times
I choose not to ever have children. Parents get plenty of public services and benefits that the child-free do not get nor are we subsidized in alternate things to make up for those benefits that parents receive.

Even when we step out of the realm of benefits... Who is the first person that your boss comes to when they seek out people to do extra work on the weekends or at night? Yep, not gonna be the woman with little johnny at home. Who's going to get the ability to leave early because of doctor's appointments or call out because their kid is sick? Not the child-free that's for damn sure!

Those are petty complaints, but they are examples of the small things beyond the legal benefits that are received.

Old 09-05-2014, 02:58 PM

31,919 posts, read 26,999,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
I choose not to ever have children. Parents get plenty of public services and benefits that the child-free do not get nor are we subsidized in alternate things to make up for those benefits that parents receive.

Even when we step out of the realm of benefits... Who is the first person that your boss comes to when they seek out people to do extra work on the weekends or at night? Yep, not gonna be the woman with little johnny at home. Who's going to get the ability to leave early because of doctor's appointments or call out because their kid is sick? Not the child-free that's for damn sure!

Those are petty complaints, but they are examples of the small things beyond the legal benefits that are received.

No longer restricted to mothers but fathers, gay dads, etc... anyone who has a child is fair game to beg out of this or that project, remain late, ask to leave early, call in because of child related issues, etc... So yes as you say single persons often by default are the go to employee and some are beginning to pull back their ears.

When marriage and motherhood pretty much was the lot for most women often the "girls" in an office would cut another female some slack. This was usually out of "been there and done that", or hopefully would some day. Often today however many working women are harder on mothers who need to take time off/out than men in the office.

Of course for fathers this whole notion of taking time off/leaving early or whatever for "daddy duty" is rather new. As late as the 1990's for a guy to leave to make Junior's school play or take him to the doctor's carried a heavy risk of him being seen not as a team player.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:22 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,145,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
A lot of butt-hurt parents on here.
Pretty much, I don't want to pay for anyone's spawn. There's plenty of parents on the gravy train with earned income credit etc.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:24 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,805,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go-getta-J View Post
I am a childless single and I couldn't disagree with you more....

Governments want stable/increasing populations. Children are future citizens, taxpayers, and economic producers/consumers. Children require a significant amount of resources to properly rear. Therefore, tax policy should favor families and those planning to start families.

You and I are a societal dead-end as long as we choose not to have children. Childless singles have little political clout whereas families overwhelmingly do. Therefore, governments can and will point a gun to your head and demand you subsidize the continuation of our civilization until you choose to bear them yourself.

I have no problem with this....I am happy to subsidize families with a greater portion of my income being taxed to help alleviate their burden of raising our future citizens.
We need to stop increasing our population! We do not have the resources-and the increase prices they bring-to keep going forward.

Children require good parents...not loads of resources. We lost the way on the first part.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:15 PM

143 posts, read 332,592 times
As someone I know who used to say, "sodomy is eco-friendly and abortions are green."

Why the gov't keeps rewarding bad behavior is beyond my comprehension.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:33 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,690,581 times
If they don't share my DNA I don't want to pay for them.
If your kids are the result of rape then I feel sorry for you. Otherwise you either made a choice or weren't careful enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics