Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 03:01 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times

Advertisements

Well drilling.

Call a few companies and see if they are hiring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 04:18 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,999,315 times
How about this job??

Old 10-31-2014, 02:01 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
I have goals and ambitions. I just don't want to be stressed out like most people and I want to enjoy myself outside work. Most people just work and go home. They are too stress out to do anything else. I want to work to live. I don't care of a high paying job. I am not materialistic anyways, I can live a simple life.

Dude, you're so naïve....looks like your gonna have to learn the hard way.

In the meantime, buy some lottery tickets and hope for the best.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:14 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,018,404 times
I think it is fine to aim for a job you enjoy and learn to live on less...

What things do you enjoy???

Old 10-31-2014, 02:21 PM

903 posts, read 583,980 times
How about being an adventure tour guide somewhere or starting your own business doing it.

Janitorial, Delivery, Paper-Route (does a number on your car though).

Photography - of course takes time to get known

You are young though. I didn't like school either, but I do regret not finishing. I do okay now, but it took many, many years. Having a degree just opens doors that not having one can't.

It is tough at your age to see the future and life can take twists and turns that don't really allow you to go back and finish even if you want to. So just be aware that all decisions have long-term consequences good and bad. Try to really think this through and make sure it really is the lifestyle you want.

I think you can probably equate work stress to the ups and downs of the stock market. Generally, the higher the risk, the higher the reward. But you can also just add a little risk and still get decent returns. You can probably find something that is just a little stressful and get paid quite well. Or it may be stressful for a few years until the position is established (think sales) and then it isn't as stressful.

cd :O)

Old 10-31-2014, 05:10 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,830,131 times
Quote:
Almeida93

What is a good low stress job that is full time and doesn't require a degree?
The only thing I can think of is being a HOT "housewife" married a top Wallstreet Trader. All you have to do is sit around and look HOT all day, as well as run a vacuum across the floor every now and then. Pretty low stress, it's full time and no degree is required.

Lol, you can't have everything you want. You can't make a good amount of money today WITHOUT a job that doesn't provide some sort of stress and doesn't require some sort of higher education. I mean come on.....

Old 10-31-2014, 07:17 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,563,927 times
Go work for a painter. I can't imagine a job less stressful than watching paint dry.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:16 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,018,404 times
I just met a guy in Wyoming that guides fly fishing trips ...
Makes a good living, has fresh trout to eat & is doing exactly what he loves...

Old 11-02-2014, 06:57 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,806,877 times
I wish you the best. Picking a low-cost area to live relieves a lot of financial stress. Many young people are moving to second-tier cities that have low-cost housing and are walkable. People with on-line skills have found ways to make a living in remote locations allowing a great degree of flexibility to fit in with their lifestyle.

A town that I pass through in New Hampshire has several career McDonald's workers who are able to work their job and afford a comfortable lifestyle. This certainly would not be the case in places like Fairfield, Connecticut so picking a location is key. I'm not sure that Denver would be the place where low-stress, lower-wages jobs can support living costs.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:01 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,806,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Go work for a painter. I can't imagine a job less stressful than watching paint dry.
My grandfather was a painter and supported a family with 7 children through the depression. He was one of the most laid-back and wisest people I've known. He and my grandmother lived to be 96 and 95 and were great role models offering great advice to their grand children, great-grand children, and great-great grand children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics