Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 11:13 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times

Advertisements

The top CEO's take it all. These days there is no value in the stock market! They don't even have good returns on investment and the CEO's make many millions a year. Sometimes millions a month. It is what it is. I don't think the US will get any better. If you want to invest, it is better to invest in Japan where taking huge salaries isn't in their culture unless the company is making a lot of money. In the US the CEOs make millions on a company that is going into the tank. Bank bailout anyone? Goodness, what a scam!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 06:17 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
We can go back and forth, it does not change the fact, that I don't see where any CEO is worth what they are paid. I cite the many corporate failures, the over accumulation of debt, living by a stock ticker which is known to be fictional, and then being ignorant enough to borrow and encumber the company by borrowing against such fiction. Then resulting to lay off people, close plants, and ultimately set the company up to be sold or swallowed up by another company.

I shared DIRECT communication with a huge global companies CEO for more than 7 yrs, I know what the outcome of his leadership produced. The company is now combined with another company, thousands of employees laid off, and many many other things which did not and does not favor the employee in the least of ways.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:48 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
That's disgusting! The top 10% have made sure they can have their,yachts, 3 or 4 beach homes, while their employees struggle to make ends meet. Once greed took over in this country back in the 80's it's been downhill for the majority of Americans ever since.
Actually, true greed is not doing what it takes to succeed in this country, then demanding that the government take money from those that have, to give to those that haven't, by force.

Demanding money stolen from others, to fund your laziness, is the true greed.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
We can go back and forth, it does not change the fact, that I don't see where any CEO is worth what they are paid. I cite the many corporate failures, the over accumulation of debt, living by a stock ticker which is known to be fictional, and then being ignorant enough to borrow and encumber the company by borrowing against such fiction. Then resulting to lay off people, close plants, and ultimately set the company up to be sold or swallowed up by another company.

I shared DIRECT communication with a huge global companies CEO for more than 7 yrs, I know what the outcome of his leadership produced. The company is now combined with another company, thousands of employees laid off, and many many other things which did not and does not favor the employee in the least of ways.
The same argument could be made that many employees are worth what they are paid.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:07 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,591,383 times
Quote:

You do understand that a CEOs job isn't to do what is best for the employees right?

Old 10-30-2014, 07:44 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
You do understand that a CEOs job isn't to do what is best for the employees right?

Or for consumers, or for taxpayers. All of which gets back to the reality that corporations are greedy.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:03 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Come on man, you are not reading or maybe not comprehending fully what is shared. I previously stated in very clear wording that the CEO's Fudiciary Responsibility is to the Stock Holder.

I also repeatedly addressed under this premise, how companies are destroyed watching a stock ticker and expecting stocks to break a record daily. Equally so, I addressed the insidiousness of borrowing against fake value, based on stock trade prices that are systamatically known to be over-inflated by 300-3000% above the companies ability to produce, makert and sale to meet those numbers in actual performance. I also posted the info related to the CEO being also the Chairman of the Board, which is collusion at the highest level.

European Modeling is smart enough to have seperation of corporate powers, so there is no conflict in these regards and there is a clear line and divide of where authority resides. The same is true in many Asian compaines. That's why on a individual basis of actual performance, ( not related to speculator driven stock ticker numbers, but actual production and performance, these companies are stable and they are kicking our butt in a wide category and broad commodity spectrum of industry). All we can do is take on debt, trying to buy up, consolidate and sell off parts and result to weaken as well as destroy well established companies. to cover the malice of motive of greed driven CEO madness.

It has led to everything in America being for Sale. Recently we've seen the marquee established places like the Beverly Hills Hotel, the Waldorf Astoria, Almost every American Built Brewery is "NOW" owned by foreign entities and the list continues to grow. We have companies like Hewlett-Packard, now in trouble, from POOR CEO performance, including the debacle of one that cost the company a great deal of money because his ego made him, a womanizer which was a wasteful cost to the company. We saw them buy of Compac, which was a bad move, and then HP proceeded to make 50 models or more of printers rather than review the market and reduce the model number and make good functioning units which did not need 50 different versions. We continue to see them rely on a Ink Market which is not what it use to be, because people don't print and save hard copies when cloud storage and removable storage is in wide usages. POOR MANAGEMENT, that is blind and unaware.

Another Example:
The Airlines got beat by LCC, (Low Cost Carriers), because they were to CEO driven egotistical, to respect the challenge and it resulted to descimate the Industry and the majors went into a scramble trying to figure out what to do. By the time their eyes opened, the LLC's had dominated the domestic market. The result was downsized places, with prop-jet and in some cases service diminished, it nearly destroyed the hub and spoke feeder system of the Majors. All these things are attributed to BLIND CEO'S, who's fixation on the stock ticker, has made them void of the companies actual business model and what it's object is or was. The big time result is, Foreign Carriers stepped in and took over with better service and better service amenities on their International Routes. They brought innovation and still the US majors lagged and are still trying to play catch up... While the Dumb CEO's only method to try and combat this is to "REDUCE CAPACITY", which become a direct price hike and diminished service and excessive over charges to the consuming traveler. No more reasonable luggage, no more blankes, and they long ago abandon the peanuts, and now strip away the soda and pretzels. Yet, they try to market based on over priced name recogonition.. and passenger now don't care to be shammed, when they can pay $100's less by using a LLC.

When the fuel mess was going on, at one time One carrier had its own fuel supply system where it sold fuel to other carriers, but the Dumb CEO sold that, and when fuel spiked, it then was up against the wall with losses because it had not planned nor did it have a contingency to address escalating fuel.
But "SOUTHWEST", had a plan, they were smart enough to see what was happening and bought futures, in the $20 range, and while everyone else was paying very high prices, Southwest was able to operate for an extended period of time, with LCF (Low Cost Fuel) - Southwest dominated the markets it served with low cost fares which served the customer well during a time when the big carriers were focused on charging for extra bags, and trying to remove aircraft from service to force a reduction in capacity, so they could raise the prices on the travel consumer.

The Existence of the Title CEO has been and is the death call for and of The Downfall of America and American Industry.

I also gave you reference of this disclosure which was made evident in the Dot Com bubble. That exposed that companies cannot produce to meet debt acquired or over-expansion and many other callous moves, based on borrowing on 'speculator and trader driven over inflated stock value". Some of these companies had terrible inability to produce, market and sell. Nothing justified the frenzy, except broker driven buzz, to generate trade activity and traders frenzy to push trades on things they knew had no core value. And CEO's were dumb enough to borrow based on Stock Ticker Madness.

You selectively ignored all those elements, and continue with your want simply to contend.

Maybe you like challenge for the sake of challenge, I don't know?

I prefer information for the things it unfolds to present which offers perspective within the matters and how those matters affect the labor market, as well as how those matters result to make jobless situation, crashed companies, devastated communities and many other elements. I have a concern for the betterment of society far above the enrichment of a single individual who presides over the demise of Industry and all that is related and supported by industry as well as all the thing which support industry.

Other posters equally so addressed the imbalance and yet you seek to continue in aim to justify it, by your undying support of the CEO programming.

It is a well known fact, that one should not contend with foolishness, for it only validates the foolishness. Therefore I will state clearly, I am not a supporter of enriching a CEO at the great expense unto society, community, citizens and cities and this nation, all of which has suffered under the madness of CEO self enrichment.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 10-30-2014 at 08:39 AM..

Old 10-30-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Or for consumers, or for taxpayers. All of which gets back to the reality that corporations are greedy.
By that measure, consumers, taxpayers and employees are all greedy.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:03 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
And if, according to that article, it takes $50K a year to "support a middle class lifestyle for a family of four," two wage-earners in that family would easily exceed that.
It takes $50k/year to support that middle class lifestyle when the children are NOT IN DAYCARE. If both parents are working, who raise the children? If the have to pay for daycare, the income requirement is higher. If they have someone watch the kids for free, and it isn't a grandparent, it's probably a predator. Do I need to point out that having a predator watch your kids is really the worst possible option?

Old 10-30-2014, 09:05 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,905 times
Quote:
CEO's Fudiciary Responsibility is to the Stock Holder.
/sigh
CEO's don't have fudiciary responsibilities. As great as fudge is, it does not create responsibilities. They have Fiduciary responsibilities, but even then the chairman of the board has more and often completely ignores those responsibilities as both line up to stick their faces in the trough of shareholder money.

/financial analyst out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics