Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2015, 07:13 PM

1,820 posts, read 1,657,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I thought the Democrats New Deal was supposed to reduce poverty? So after 50 years it didn't work so lets keep doing more of the same. While your at it throw money my way.
The New Deal of the 1930s had a different focus. Maybe you were thinking of the Great Society programs of LBJ in the 1960s. Otherwise, this is sounding like complaints that the grass is long again two crummy weeks after you mowed it.

Last edited by Major Barbara; 05-11-2015 at 07:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 07:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Barbara View Post
The New Deal had a different focus. Maybe you were thinking of the Great Society programs of LBJ. Otherwise, this is sounding like complaints that the grass is long again two crummy weeks after you mowed it.
It's a complaint that many people have. People are tired of supporting baby mama's, the multiple kids that baby daddy had not intent on supporting and dumping on the tax payer.

You think I'm the only one who thinks like this? Really?

Old 05-11-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I don't want to waste my money on a government that gives money to people who refuse to do anything to help themselves.
I didn't want to waste my money on a government that pointlessly invaded Iraq. I didn't have any choice then, and you don't have any choice now. Learn how your world works, especially the limits of your role within it.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:24 PM

14,415 posts, read 14,334,102 times
Quote:
It's a complaint that many people have. People are tired of supporting baby mama's, the multiple kids that baby daddy had not intent on supporting and dumping on the tax payer.

You think I'm the only one who thinks like this? Really?
Are you aware that the vast majority of federal spending goes for other things? Defense, Social Security, Medicare, and interest on the national debt make up over 60% of all federal spending.

We could kick all those mamas and babies into the street and you'd barely have made a dent in federal spending. But than I've noticed you don't do much research before you post.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fede...rt%3B550%3B412

Old 05-11-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
It's a complaint that many people have. People are tired of supporting baby mama's, the multiple kids that baby daddy had not intent on supporting and dumping on the tax payer. You think I'm the only one who thinks like this? Really?
Oh, no -- the numbers are insufferably clear.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I didn't want to waste my money on a government that pointlessly invaded Iraq. I didn't have any choice then, and you don't have any choice now. Learn how your world works, especially the limits of your role within it.
Nor did I want to waste money on Iraq so hey lets keep sending even more money to the government to spend as they see fit (a waste). Lets raise taxes and give them more of our money to waste.

Everyone, when government gets our money they spend it in ways we don't like so lets just send them more money!!! That will solve the problem!

Old 05-11-2015, 07:51 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,251,916 times
Quote:
Most of the spelling errors look more like typos to me. But a good way to give the pendulum a start back in the right direction would be to stop voting for Republicans and other economic nitwits.
That didn't really offer a viable solution. Maybe you should re-read the question.

SS

Old 05-11-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Are you aware that the vast majority of federal spending goes for other things? Defense, Social Security, Medicare, and interest on the national debt make up over 60% of all federal spending.

We could kick all those mamas and babies into the street and you'd barely have made a dent in federal spending. But than I've noticed you don't do much research before you post.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fede...rt%3B550%3B412
How about force feeding birth control to the baby mama's since they can't seem to form the word "no" when the man comes calling. if the man has a couple of illegitimate kids to other baby mama's on welfare, what makes the woman think if she has a kid to him think that she is speeecial?

Don't woman have any pride in themselves anymore?

Old 05-11-2015, 08:11 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,715,832 times
Quote:
Nummi (for New United Motor Manufacturing Inc.) was a joint project with GM. GM was forced to pull out during their bankruptcy proceedings. Toyota was not willing to carry the plant all by itself. Nothing more to it than that.
Not quite... Toyota was offered the plant along with the Union and chose to abandon California for a perceived better business climate and now Toyota USA is planning to do the same...

It was Californians that first embraced the small, underpowered imports hitting our shores.

As you stated... Toyota was not willing to carry the plant IN CALIFORNIA... however, no problem in Canada and Texas

Why would business, individuals, etc... continue to accept high taxes/regulation when alternatives are available?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dalebuss...nia-for-texas/

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 05-11-2015 at 08:20 PM..

Old 05-11-2015, 08:11 PM

35,124 posts, read 17,080,545 times
Quote:
How about force feeding birth control to the baby mama's since they can't seem to form the word "no" when the man comes calling. if the man has a couple of illegitimate kids to other baby mama's on welfare, what makes the woman think if she has a kid to him think that she is speeecial?

Don't woman have any pride in themselves anymore?
Many women don't have a choice. Ever try resisting a hormone-fueled 300 lb 16 year old? Basically many of the males are weaponized humans, even when unarmed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics