Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2016, 12:34 PM

10,069 posts, read 7,245,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Calculated Risk: Weekly Initial Unemployment Claims decline to 249,000, 4-Week Average Lowest Since 1973

Weekly Initial Unemployment Claims decline to 249,000, 4-Week Average Lowest Since 1973
Yeah. In terms of the raw # of jobs, truly only the 90s look as good in comparison to recent history. But still, people don't seem to be as euphoric as they were in the 90s about it. It seems like nobody's jobs pay enough and everyone's sure the bottom is going to fall out tomorrow.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:24 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Yeah. In terms of the raw # of jobs, truly only the 90s look as good in comparison to recent history. But still, people don't seem to be as euphoric as they were in the 90s about it. It seems like nobody's jobs pay enough and everyone's sure the bottom is going to fall out tomorrow.
...and with way more working age population today...

Old 10-06-2016, 04:13 PM

4,224 posts, read 3,021,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I'm not sure what "real world" you are referring to.
Well, as has already been suggested, it's the one where taxes other than the individual federal income tax exist. You know -- the REAL WORLD.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ill-income.jpg

Old 10-07-2016, 09:12 AM

1,766 posts, read 1,224,611 times
Quote:
Unemployment Rate Rises in Disappointing September Jobs Report

Payroll growth was disappointing for a second straight month in September as employers added 156,000 jobs, raising questions about the health of an economy that was expected to perk up from a prolonged slump in the second half of the year.

The unemployment rate rose to 5% from 4.9%, the Labor Department said Friday....
Disappointing 156,000 jobs added in September
Remember what I told you, there can never be real economic growth unless we destroy our bad debts first. Economic growth is dependable on debt destruction first. No debt destruction (higher interest rates, deflation, massive defaults and bankrupcies, maximum pain), no future real economic growth.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:19 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,874,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruff View Post
He is probably referring to the "real world" where there are a lot of taxes besides income tax.
The federal portion of which pale in comparison to the federal income tax.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:21 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,874,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
Remember what I told you...
Ah, yes. Hey - did you etch it into a tablet by a burning bush?

Old 10-07-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Ah, yes. Hey - did you etch it into a tablet by a burning bush?
So far only small percentage of us are NOT FOOLED by the FED and this fabricated and phony DEBT INDUCED SO CALLED RECOVERY. How long the rest of you are going to be in denial? There is NO RECOVERY. Where would our economy be, where would housing market be, where would stock market be with 0 stimulus????????? That is the question you all should be asking yourself.

No real economic growth is possible unless we raise rates and experience massive pain, defaults and bankruptcies, unless we destroy all bad debt that we are so desperately protecting since 2001.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
So far only small percentage of us are NOT FOOLED by the FED and this fabricated and phony DEBT INDUCED SO CALLED RECOVERY. How long the rest of you are going to be in denial? There is NO RECOVERY. Where would our economy be, where would housing market be, where would stock market be with 0 stimulus????????? That is the question you all should be asking yourself.

No real economic growth is possible unless we raise rates and experience massive pain, defaults and bankruptcies, unless we destroy all bad debt that we are so desperately protecting since 2001.
I was 'fooled' about Fed policy in 2008/9 and about doubled my net worth since then. What were you thinking in 2007?

Old 10-07-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I was 'fooled' about Fed policy in 2008/9 and about doubled my net worth since then. What were you thinking in 2007?
What doubling your or mine or anyones net worth since 2009 has anything to do with REAL ECONOMIC GROWTH???????????????? It has all to do with stealing future earnings by the FED, stealing public taxpayer money, adding massive debt to create WEALTH EFFECT. Pumping stocks and housing to create wealth effect is not an economic recovery, it's just another cancerous asset bubble that is going to deflate rapidly as soon as you raise interest rates.

ECONOMIC RECOVERY IS AN ILLUSION, ONE BIG FAT LIE!!!!!
Higher interest rates will kill stock market gains, housing interest AND will kill our phony and fake recovery. Yes. This is not a problem. We have larger fish to fry. Higher interest rates will force prices down rapidly. Fed's attempts to steal more money for the Wall Street banks by buying more bank mortgage debt has created another bubble in housing; but when reality strikes (remember Volcker's 23% interest rates in 1982 - this time around will be even higher), house prices, stocks and everything else will fall like a rotten fruit back to the ground.

We are debt addicts Hoonose and need to go through rehab, and I'm choosing 'cold turkey' as a medicine. That's what raising rates does. You seem to have hope that idiots at the Fed might turn things around through another QE4 and 5 and 6? and 7, NIRP maybe? I don't. No economic growth is possible until debt gets destroyed.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
What doubling your or mine or anyones net worth since 2009 has anything to do with REAL ECONOMIC GROWTH???????????????? It has all to do with stealing future earnings by the FED, stealing public taxpayer money, adding massive debt to create WEALTH EFFECT. Pumping stocks and housing to create wealth effect is not an economic recovery, it's just another cancerous asset bubble that is going to deflate rapidly as soon as you raise interest rates.

ECONOMIC RECOVERY IS AN ILLUSION, ONE BIG FAT LIE!!!!!
Higher interest rates will kill stock market gains, housing interest AND will kill our phony and fake recovery. Yes. This is not a problem. We have larger fish to fry. Higher interest rates will force prices down rapidly. Fed's attempts to steal more money for the Wall Street banks by buying more bank mortgage debt has created another bubble in housing; but when reality strikes (remember Volcker's 23% interest rates in 1982 - this time around will be even higher), house prices, stocks and everything else will fall like a rotten fruit back to the ground.

We are debt addicts Hoonose and need to go through rehab, and I'm choosing 'cold turkey' as a medicine. That's what raising rates does. You seem to have hope that idiots at the Fed might turn things around through another QE4 and 5 and 6? and 7, NIRP maybe? I don't. No economic growth is possible until debt gets destroyed.

By a very very long shot I am not the only one to make considerable gains via debt. And far from the last. And as I come to the conclusion of generating years, I no longer need or have any significant debt. Unless maybe zero interest.

Growth is money, stuff, health, happiness, security and improved standards of living, for more and more people. Much of which is fueled by debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics